The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thank you and you too :smile:
Reply 21
Most people at my school did worse because our teachers way overpredicted their grades. People were predicted like 9A*s and when they 'only' came out with 6 they felt like failures - it was ridiculous.
Reply 22
i did alot better than expected! :smile:
Reply 23
I achieved my predicted grades (7 As, 4 Bs). I was very happy with them considering my science and maths grades could have been a lot worse. I thought I might have got an A* in history or RE though. :frown:
Reply 24
Predicted B's and C's but got 5A*'s, 5A's and 5B's
To be honest I expected a load of C's and D's as I fell asleep in some, didnt bother revising and in frech speaking i didnt say anything.
Turns our i got 3 A's, 2 B's, 5 C's and a D (french) I'm proud of that but i should of worked hard as I I could of got A's and B's but oh well
Reply 26
I expected 9 A*s
I got 2 B's and 7 C's
I was ******* ecstatic
Reply 27
I didn't expect to do well, at all. I hadn't really bothered to revise until the night before most of them, if that.
I thought I'd failed half of them after the exam finished and I wasn't looking forward to the results day at all.

I ended up being pleasantly surprised, I got 7.5 A*s and 2.5 As. I honestly thought there'd been some mistake.

Ironically, the subjects I thought I did best in, I ended up doing worst, so I had the complete wrong idea. That's why I'm not making any guesses about my AS-levels.

What's coming will come, and we'll meet it when it does. (:
Hmm....last year I expected 3 Bs, but got 3 A*s. Hopefully my results this year will be as good.
I was expected 11 A*s and 1 A.

I got 6 A*s and 6 As.

Not much difference, I suppose, and it's still a cracking set of results, but I was annoyed that I didn't get A*s in Drama and RS, especially as they were consequently two of my better AS subjects - didn't make much sense. Really pleased with my Music A, though, I worked hardest for Music. Sciences I literally didn't give a ****. :rofl:

If you're worried about results day, well, as long as you put the hard work in, you should reap good results. I did next to no revision for my GCSEs (only properly revised for the aforementioned Music and Maths, the others were half-heartedly worked for) and they turned out fine, so I'm sure yours will too. :smile:
My gosh, this thread is a little depressing :nothing:

I'm gonna be honest, I was meant to get a lot more As than I did, but I only managed one :sigh:, in Ethics and Religion. I also got 9Bs, one C (Spanish), and a D (I hated GCSE History). But oh well, a bit of a disappointment, but it's pretty good compared a lot of my friends, one of whom got nothing above a D and wasn't allowed to do A Levels because of that, but is now in a pretty good job with good money, while I've had to endure hell in sixth form :rolleyes:
Expected (predictions): 10A* 3A
Actually got: 12A* 1A

Biggest shock of my life and one of the best results days for me :smile:
Reply 32
overclocked
Expected (predictions): 10A* 3A
Actually got: 12A* 1A

Biggest shock of my life and one of the best results days for me :smile:

Well done :biggrin:
Got 3 A*, 10 A, 1 B. I was expecting an A* in Sociology and hoped for A* in History (I got As) but was pleasantly surprised with the B in Psychology, expected about a D.

And oh dear I sound a bit snobby here :p:

Latest