The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2010/11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dannymccs
Not enamored with Meireles either to be honest, but I'll agree that he seems to have adjusted to English football a tad more. And yeah, when Maxi arrived I thought he'd be the real deal. The last 3 games aside, he's looked like a pub player rather than an Argentinian wonder.

At least if I get Maxi in, he'll stop scoring. I was supposed to have 5 playing today, instead 2 decided to 'turn up'. So a nice 7 points today from 5, one of which was my captain as well... Every risk I've done this season has ****ed me up, the past four seasons I've done this, they all seem to have worked :tongue:
Original post by little_wizard123
At least if I get Maxi in, he'll stop scoring. I was supposed to have 5 playing today, instead 2 decided to 'turn up'. So a nice 7 points today from 5, one of which was my captain as well... Every risk I've done this season has ****ed me up, the past four seasons I've done this, they all seem to have worked :tongue:

Yeah, I wasn't pleased to see Kolarov on the bench today. Yaya and Dzeko were pretty redundant so hardly the boosting 'double game' I'd hoped for. Missing a couple of double game weeks on the trot a few weeks ago has definitely ended me for this year - will come back with renewed concentration and memory next year!
Original post by jermaindefoe
have you won this again yet, it wasnt so long you were 4 points below me :biggrin: i gave up, of course to give you a chance (in november :ninja:)

By all rights mc_watson should win, he's a couple of points below me but will bridge that gap fairly easily over the last couple of gameweeks. I was about 100 points behind a few weeks ago so not too displeased with my performance tbf.

Come and play properly next season ffs, need some competition :colonhash:
Original post by Colbert
By all rights mc_watson should win, he's a couple of points below me but will bridge that gap fairly easily over the last couple of gameweeks. I was about 100 points behind a few weeks ago so not too displeased with my performance tbf.

Come and play properly next season ffs, need some competition :colonhash:

Hahaha, You've made this a very nervy last few weeks, can't believe you caught me with time to spair ,always thought it was too much! Anyway 7 points is it? That much off top with 2 weeks to go, wudda taken at the start of the season. It'll be interesting, surely one of these weeks i gotta do betta than you :teeth: My team looks pretty strong for this week... Though I've got a few cheeky ideas that are tempting me. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mc_watson87
Hahaha, You've made this a very nervy last few weeks, can't believe you caught me with time to spair ,always thought it was too much! Anyway 7 points is it? That much off top with 2 weeks to go, wudda taken at the start of the season. It'll be interesting, surely one of these weeks i gotta do betta than you :teeth: My team looks pretty strong for this week... Though I've got a few cheeky ideas that are tempting me. :wink:

Thought I'd turn on the heat in a Mourinho style underdog tale. My team is full of mediocrity and rotation fodder, not looking forward to this week at all. Will have internet Friday night before my flight out of here so should be good to make a transfer or two :ninja:

Thought the gap was more than 7 but forgot you had Lescott. Blind luck tbf :colonhash:
Nani likely to start? I benched VDV rather than Nani, but I'm not sure...I'm also leaving Luiz on the bench as it doesn't look like he's starting. Van Persie as captain, or a risky (idiotic) transfer doubled up? I'm fed up of Villa this season, so it might be one of the few times I captain someone playing against us :frown:

DJ Campbell has ruined everything :colonhash:
DJ Campbell, teams selected by: 2.6%. :smug:

Pretty decent haul from Adam & Campbell, bit pissed that Rooney & Elokobi scored from my bench though.
Original post by Colbert
DJ Campbell has ruined everything :colonhash:

Whether or not Luiz plays is huge.
Elokobi getting 10 is a LoL moment, slightly bemused.

Also Hamdi is having a good week!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6669
Was deciding between Nzogbia and Adam in the week, probably made the wrong choice. :facepalm2:

Having a bit of a mare on 10 points atm. :sigh:
Down to third.

It's tight at the top :teeth:
Two of my benched players are in the weekly dream team :mad2:
Original post by mc_watson87
Down to third.

It's tight at the top :teeth:

You're actually joint first.

He's third. Only i have the #1 next to my name tbph. Saw elokobi come up, initially thought it was because he got sent off ffs. Come on luiz for a one minute cameo.
Original post by Colbert
He's third. Only i have the #1 next to my name tbph. Saw elokobi come up, initially thought it was because he got sent off ffs. Come on luiz for a one minute cameo.

Oi shut up, i'm joint first :teeth:
I'm left with Begovic and Shawcross playing away at Man City, now that Djourou and Luiz aren't playing. Also have Toure and Balotelli :rolleyes:

So michael lucks into elokobi's ten point haul. He should follow demi's example and take a 400 point transfer hit to make up for it tbf.
Reply 6677
I nearly got rid of Bent :mmm:

Did get rid of VDV though :colonhash:
I'm not a "proper" member because I don't have 500 posts yet? LOL. I hope that rule is gone by for the 2011-2012 thread.
I think its all over. =./
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest