The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2010/11

Scroll to see replies

Rooney's injured, this is brilliant =] for my fantasy league, but united will still win without him anyway
Da_hopeful_1
But isn't albrighton a winger, and agbonlahor a striker

Villa are playing a 4-5-1 due to the absence of Agbonlahor. When he comes back they go back to 4-4-2, less places in midefield -> A. Young moves out to the right flank -> Albrighton is dropped.
Gamst-Pederson missed a penalty -2 points instead of 5 for a goal or whatever :frown:
Rooney is out of the Fulham match today with a stomach bug, this will make things interesting!

I'm hoping Stevie Ireland has a great debut for Aston Villa today, I'd love him to get a hat trick, and also that Hangeland gets some clean sheet points and do I dare to hope that he gets a goal too?
If i used my wildcard now, would i be disadvantaged in the long run ?
Reply 1585
Rooney out = Berba gaining me some points :coma:
Reply 1586
oh ffs my captain is out :facepalm2:
Maybe we will see Hernandez then! As a United Fan I'm pretty gutted, but it had done wonders for my fantasy league. All I need now is Chica to come on and and score a couple and the man city game to be the most boring known to man, no goals, no saves, just fighting in the middle of the pitch:yep:
I need help with my fantasy football team. Can anyone help me please! I need to win this lol
MancBoy
I need help with my fantasy football team. Can anyone help me please! I need to win this lol

lol sure.

what seems to be the problem ?
Da_hopeful_1
lol sure.

what seems to be the problem ?

I'm new to fantasy football and my boss put me in this league. I did alright for the first week but this week I did poo. I just need advice and and tips about any transfers I could do. Heres my team -

Shwarzer (5.0), Friedel (6.0)

Shawcross (5.0), Vermalean (7.5), Samba (5.0), Alex (6.0), Toure (6.0)

Valencia (8.5), Malouda (9.6) (c), De Jong (4.5), Bale (6.5), Lennon (8.0)

Berbatov (8.5), Hernandez (7.5), Roddalega (6.3)

Basically I don't want Samba, Shawcross, Roddalega and Shwarzer. I wouldnt mind Anelka or Drogba as a replacement. Can you have 3 in defence? I'm not sure about formations and stuff. Again I am a noob :smile:
MancBoy
I'm new to fantasy football and my boss put me in this league. I did alright for the first week but this week I did poo. I just need advice and and tips about any transfers I could do. Heres my team -

Shwarzer (5.0), Friedel (6.0)

Shawcross (5.0), Vermalean (7.5), Samba (5.0), Alex (6.0), Toure (6.0)

Valencia (8.5), Malouda (9.6) (c), De Jong (4.5), Bale (6.5), Lennon (8.0)

Berbatov (8.5), Hernandez (7.5), Roddalega (6.3)

Basically I don't want Samba, Shawcross, Roddalega and Shwarzer. I wouldnt mind Anelka or Drogba as a replacement. Can you have 3 in defence? I'm not sure about formations and stuff. Again I am a noob :smile:

The reason you're currently doing poorly is because a good chunck of your squad haven't played yet.

Wait until all of your team has played to assess how badly you've done. Looking at things you're probably going to end up getting a respectable number of points this week.

Your team actually looks pretty good (apart from Hernadez who isn't a guaranteed first teamer id say get rid of him)
If Rooneys out then my captaincy transfers to Walcott :biggrin:
Reply 1593
cunningstunt87
If Rooneys out then my captaincy transfers to Walcott :biggrin:

I have Rooney as my captain too and I have Walcott, but my captaincy is going to transfer to Valencia. :colonhash:

How does the emergency captaincy 'form' thing work?
Da_hopeful_1
If i used my wildcard now, would i be disadvantaged in the long run ?

Try and hold off if you can.

I had to do this a few years ago in like the second week as I made my team around a month before the season started and then forgot to make changes nearer to the time.

It's best to save the wildcard for the January transfers and then give your team a overhaul.

Then again, if your current team is dire and riddled with injuries and non-starting players then you have no choice.
The Question
The reason you're currently doing poorly is because a good chunck of your squad haven't played yet.

Wait until all of your team has played to assess how badly you've done. Looking at things you're probably going to end up getting a respectable number of points this week.

Your team actually looks pretty good (apart from Hernadez who isn't a guaranteed first teamer id say get rid of him)

Who should I replace with? Really want either Anelka or Drogba or even Rooney.
Think I'm going to transfer Barry out for Walcott before his value rises.
My captains have been thoroughly disappointing in the first 2 game weeks. Boselli for the first and Piennar for gameweek 2.

A drastic change in thinking needs to be made for gameweek 3
Reply 1598
lol@how many people transfer a player in AFTER he has a good game week. :facepalm2:
d0mz
lol@how many people transfer a player in AFTER he has a good game week. :facepalm2:

I'm doing it to profit. Walcott's value is certain rise. He's playing Blackburn next week so a chance for another good peformance. I don't know why I put Barry in anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest