The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2010/11

Scroll to see replies

next week looks like a high scoring gameweek aswell.

# Blackburn v Arsenal
# Blackpool v Fulham
# Chelsea v Stoke City
# Tottenham v Wigan
# Wolves v Newcastle
# Man Utd v West Ham
# Bolton v Birmingham
# Liverpool v West Brom
# Sunderland v Man City
# Aston Villa v Everton
defoe will do well against wigan if he starts =]
Reply 1782
Can't believe i transferred in Albrighton to avoid N'Zogbia's price drop when i could of just looked at Fulham's fixtures :facepalm: . Any Fulham experts out there? How's Duff going to perform this season, he was very useful for my team last season or should i look into Davies.
yunghamz
Can't believe i transferred in Albrighton to avoid N'Zogbia's price drop when i could of just looked at Fulham's fixtures :facepalm: . Any Fulham experts out there? How's Duff going to perform this season, he was very useful for my team last season or should i look into Davies.

I was really tempted by etuhu at 4.5, i think duff is more of a goal threat than davies but davies is cheaper, so it's a hard choice. Murphy looks like he's a definite candidate to start every game if fit.
Reply 1784
Blackpool will win because of Charlie Adam :sexface:
Reply 1785
Da_hopeful_1
I was really tempted by etuhu at 4.5, i think duff is more of a goal threat than davies but davies is cheaper, so it's a hard choice. Murphy looks like he's a definite candidate to start every game if fit.

Etuhu !? :lolwut: Did Davies even play that many games last season, can't remember him playing that much apart from Europa cup matches. However, his performance in the last two matches is tempting me.
micah richards scored OR was it tevez.
Reply 1787
Thank God Balotelli didn't start. Now Carroll will come off the bench to complete my high-scoring week. :smile:

101, yes plz.
Reply 1788
Tevez MOTM? :awesome:
Reply 1789
Hoping Tevez doesn't get that goal tbh. Don't think he got a touch at all... dummied it.
I think I need to change my midfield

Mascherano A Young Gera Nasri Essien

there is a fair bit of money there but not enough points. I wanna keep young becuase it think he will come good, Gera should come good, Essien doesn't seem to be worth it, Nasri needs out cos he's too expensive to be benched. Masch I don't think there is anyone else who is going to be worth my while changing him for this week.

Any thoughts?
93 points in 1 gameweek

my team is pretty good as is! :awesome:
anyone got tips on how to make better use of my captain. I never seem to know who to pick because i like to take risks, and it always backfires. First week it was boselli, and this week it was piennar.

Combined they both got half of what bale got(without being captain)
doggyfizzel
I think I need to change my midfield

Mascherano A Young Gera Nasri Essien

there is a fair bit of money there but not enough points. I wanna keep young becuase it think he will come good, Gera should come good, Essien doesn't seem to be worth it, Nasri needs out cos he's too expensive to be benched. Masch I don't think there is anyone else who is going to be worth my while changing him for this week.

Any thoughts?

Change nasri for maybe walcott or rosicky

Change Mascherano for someone like petrov from bolton.

Maybe keep essien as he is a definite starter, and might just surprise you by popping up with the odd wonder goal.

Who are your strikers ?
Reply 1794
Up to 2nd from 15 after a solid 85 points this gameweek. 1 point off top spot...Il be gunning for it next week! Just the one transfer made this week...robbie keane out, andy carroll in! :biggrin:
Reply 1795
Da_hopeful_1
anyone got tips on how to make better use of my captain. I never seem to know who to pick because i like to take risks, and it always backfires. First week it was boselli, and this week it was piennar.

Combined they both got half of what bale got(without being captain)

This is what I do

1. Only make midfielders or strikers your captain, defenders do have the shock week where they get 10+ points but it's too risky.
2. Go through their fixtures, look for the person with the easiest fixture, based on how their opponent have been playing in their previous games.
3. Go through how the player has been performing recently. For example, captaining Rooney is a gamble atm.
4. Take a risk, but don't go too far. Boselli as captain is too much, Pienaar was pretty risky but not as much.
5. Obviously Chelsea is the team that's on hot form atm, so Drogba/Malouda/Lampard as captain would be a safe bet. Going slightly more risky would be Bale, who has an easy game next.
Moved up in every single league I'm in. Decent week compared to what I usually experience.
i hope none of my players get injured during the international break. There's no chance of that with anelka though, as he's banned for 18 games
TI-84
This is what I do

1. Only make midfielders or strikers your captain, defenders do have the shock week where they get 10+ points but it's too risky.
2. Go through their fixtures, look for the person with the easiest fixture, based on how their opponent have been playing in their previous games.
3. Go through how the player has been performing recently. For example, captaining Rooney is a gamble atm.
4. Take a risk, but don't go too far. Boselli as captain is too much, Pienaar was pretty risky but not as much.
5. Obviously Chelsea is the team that's on hot form atm, so Drogba/Malouda/Lampard as captain would be a safe bet. Going slightly more risky would be Bale, who has an easy game next.

Thank you very much. I think i'll make malouda or drogba captain.

Who were your captains for the first 2 weeks ?
Reply 1799
Da_hopeful_1
Thank you very much. I think i'll make malouda or drogba captain.

Who were your captains for the first 2 weeks ?

Rooney GW1
Malouda GW2

In a captain I would be happy with 15+ points, but I was slightly disappointed this week because of all the other high-scoring players.

Quick Reply

Latest