The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maghreblover
There are actually quite a few firms that do schemes for non-law. I must have submitted at least 17 or 18, lol. I'll draft a list and PM you tomorrow, I'm rushing to finish an essay now so I can head out tonight...

Oh man I'm waaaay behind. :frown: Thanks a lot though. :biggrin:
Original post by Fortification
Just got rejected from Herbert Smith. So so annoyed at the minute, was really hoping for that one :frown:

Me too, although I'm not particularly annoyed. My test must have been frightfully bad.
Reply 382
Rejection from Herbert Smith. One word - GUTTED. :frown: :frown:
Original post by eve_22

Bit of a lurker here but just wanted to say how sorry I am, I know how important they are to you! Keep the faith x
Reply 384
Original post by weet_ABI_x
Bit of a lurker here but just wanted to say how sorry I am, I know how important they are to you! Keep the faith x

Thank you, that's very sweet of you.

They are important to me and I am feeling a bit down at the moment, but trying not to let this get to me. I'm just hoping that not all firms will reply with rejections....
Reply 385
Rejected from HS as well...
Original post by The Lyceum
Oh man I'm waaaay behind. :frown: Thanks a lot though. :biggrin:

You're not, really. It's still pretty early in the recruitment world.
Original post by eve_22

You'll surely be fine Eve, especially if your planning on starting finals revision this summer!

I wonder if you perhaps come across as a bit earnest on the forms, as undoubtedly you really do want the experience/job.
You all mention applying for JD's spring scheme, have anyone applied to summer placement ?
Reply 389
Original post by Tanya_Dzirigorova
You all mention applying for JD's spring scheme, have anyone applied to summer placement ?

Yes, I have.

Original post by dalianatkinson
You'll surely be fine Eve, especially if your planning on starting finals revision this summer!

I wonder if you perhaps come across as a bit earnest on the forms, as undoubtedly you really do want the experience/job.

I don't know whether that can really be a bad thing, though? :frown:
Reply 390
Anyone knows whether one can still apply for Clifford Chance placement after failing their workshop test
Reply 391
Original post by eve_22

I'm genuinely feeling terrible for you Eve.
Reply 392
Original post by The Lyceum
I've submitted to Linklaters a few days ago, let's see how that goes. I need to look around for a few other firms to submit too although obviously it's getting very late. Not that many seem to be doing anything for non Law applicants. :s-smilie: THus far I've done about 5.

It's still early. Most unis havent had their law fairs yet. Im defo gonna wait until after the law fair before applying to anyone. If i was considering applications, I wouldnt want to receive apps from someone before they'd taken all the opportunities to meet the firm by going to all the events they put on, and the law fair.
Reply 393
Original post by andymt
I'm genuinely feeling terrible for you Eve.

Thanks.

Now that the large part of sadness and disappointment has wore off, I say - you win some, you lose some.... :smile: Although I hope to actually win some in the end.

I think it must have been the logical reasoning test results that let me down.
Reply 394
Original post by eve_22
Thanks.

Now that the large part of sadness and disappointment has wore off, I say - you win some, you lose some.... :smile: Although I hope to actually win some in the end.

I think it must have been the logical reasoning test results that let me down.

Knock out some applications for less competitive firms. They still pay well and I bet they are fun places to work. That's what I'm going to do. I'll apply for 2/3 top ones, but only if I really like them.
Original post by andymt
Knock out some applications for less competitive firms. They still pay well and I bet they are fun places to work. That's what I'm going to do. I'll apply for 2/3 top ones, but only if I really like them.

What's your definition of less competitive?

I had my law fair yesterday so I'm going to get cracking with the applications although I do have a lot of deadlines atm but I've started with the Nabarro application although I know it's probably going to be rejections all round but oh well.
Original post by eve_22
Yes, I have.

So does it mean that you were also rejected for summer schemes together with spring schemes ?
Reply 397
Just wondering: are any of you looking at applying to regional firms as well?
Reply 398
Original post by Frances99
Just wondering: are any of you looking at applying to regional firms as well?

I'm mostly applying to regional firms with just a couple of city firms thrown in there :smile:
Hi Guys,

I'm just starting to think about my applications for summer schemes. Some of the companies ask me to register online I think. Do I have to register in one sitting or can I keep coming back to it before finally submitting. I don't want to make an account and them realise I have to rush it! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending