The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Am I right in saying, that the eve of our results, at midnight we can check to see where we have been accepted to? Meaning we don't HAVE to collect our results in the morning?
Technically yes. Although you need to collect the certificates. Also the results dont automatically come up, mine didnt arive on UCAS at midnight IIRC It was about 3-4am.
No. UCAS track goes live between 6 and 7am on results morning, and it only tells you if you have been accepted (if an early decision has been made, many students find that track doesn't update until midday!) and it gives no indiciation of your results. You might even meet the offer but still be rejected! (yes mistakes can happen) so I would definatly go and pick up your results.

This thread has more information about Track on results day.
Yeh i did the whole results thing a few years ago so Im possibly wrong. I thought they went on at midnight.
It updated 6.45am last year.
Reply 25
This only worked one year (2006?) for a couple of hours and what people say on UCAS was inconsistent with what actually happened the morning after.

So to answer your "midnight question": NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

To answer your "will I know before going in?" - yes, you can find out quite early in the morning.
Reply 26
My UCAS updated at about 7am ish last year, but it took me AGES for the page to load etc, i guess it was just crazily busy
i didnt check last year- but most of my friends who did told me that they appeared at about 7 am ish
Reply 28
whatajoker
Am I right in saying, that the eve of our results, at midnight we can check to see where we have been accepted to? Meaning we don't HAVE to collect our results in the morning?

i think its 6am?
Reply 29
I looked at mine about 8 and it was there. Not last year but the year before.
Reply 30
You can find out before you pick up your results, but definitely not at midnight. I had to wait until almost 8am for mine to update last year, but some people got theirs as early as 7am (or perhaps before). There's no specific time, so don't listen to people who say "it's definitely 6am" or whatever -- it takes a while to update thousands of peoples' UCAS Track pages y'know? :p: Basically just go to sleep the night before results, and when you wake up it'll probably be updated (provided you don't wake up at stupid o'clock in the morning).
6am for me last year......but of course i got rejected from both my choices so there was no delay on their part
Reply 32
My college claims UCAS told them it won't update until 'mid-morning' this year.
When I did my a levels, the uni that I had been accepted to sent me a letter congratulating me on meeting my offer the day before results came out.
For an authoritative answer to all these questions, I suggest you read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26374900#post26374900
nuodai
There's no specific time, so don't listen to people who say "it's definitely 6am" or whatever -- it takes a while to update thousands of peoples' UCAS Track pages y'know?

That's not how it works. UCAS freezes Track by disconnecting it from the live database during results week.

On the morning of results day the live database is reconnected.

If your unis have sent decisions to UCAS by the end of the day on Wednesday then those decisions will show on Track when it goes live.

Once Track has gone live (and it tends to be all up and running sometime between 6am and 7am - or at least has done for the last 4 years although UCAS officially aim for 8am) it's then re-frozen for the rest of the morning (to try to keep up with demand from people getting in to see decisions) and then is updated again (all in one go) around lunchtime.
Loz17
It updated 6.45am last year.

It was earlier than that :smile:

I was online waiting for my English Language results. And on Facebook peoples statuses were updating about getting into uni at around 5AM.

Maybe it changes based on individuals? :s-smilie:
CookieDoughLove

Maybe it changes based on individuals?

Did you not read what PQ posted (or what she posted in the link I provided)?
Good bloke

Yes...........
Good bloke

They did read it, however they also said that their friends knew at around 5am. Obviously it doesn't depend on individuals, but maybe it is luck/ connection speed etc.

Either way (to the OP) it doesn't update at midnight, I'd wake up at say 6:30am and check though.

Latest

Trending

Trending