The Student Room Group

Need advice on applying for uni

Hi, I really need some advices on which uni to apply for. I am taking A2 at the moment, doing Maths, Futh Maths, and D&T. I ve got 2As for maths and E for D&T for my AS, and am predicted AAC. My GCSEs werent too good, A*A*ABCCCDE. Just wonder what uni should I apply for that I would have a realistic chance of getting in? I wanna do Maths or Maths+Comp btw. Any feedback appreciated.
Reply 1
well only u will be able to choose a uni to suit u. best advice i can give is to write down a list of things u want from a uni, eg how far away from home do u want to be? do u want a campus uni? etc etc, from this u shld be able to get some idea of several unis u might like. then the next thing to do is to look on their websites, get prospectus's and go on open days. ull get an idea of the typical offer they would give u, and see whether u like the course they offer. i think the ucas website/some other website also gives information about every uni in the country (www.realuni.co.uk) i think. good luck :smile:

Latest