The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sakura-Chan
It gets on my nerves as well to be honest.

It's even worse when guys reckon they have 'sympathy contractions.' Whatever :shifty:

I told my bf that if I ever had a child with him he will be getting a swift kick in the balls from me if he tells me to "breathe" in the irritating way men try to do...
its not the mans fault he cant get pregnant
and they do have to put up with a lot too... the emotional stuff, mood swings, demands, trying to keep her happy... decorating, seeing the person they love in pain?

go take this up with god...
x
Reply 22
I find it kind of cringey.. but I don't really think it's insulting.
Duck and Cover
Jeeeeeeeesus. You should be glad the guy is interested!!!!!

This.

You're pregnant?

You're also single! :p:

/runs for cover.
Reply 24
I<3LAMP
I told my bf that if I ever had a child with him he will be getting a swift kick in the balls from me if he tells me to "breathe" in the irritating way men try to do...

Not sure you'd be in a state to do that.
Any man who is 1) slow enough 2) oblivious enough to get kicked in the balls by a pregnant woman deserves it tbf.
Jangrafess
Never really heard any man say 'we are pregnant' tbh. I've heard 'we're having a baby' or 'my partner's pregnant' or even 'I'm going to be a dad' but I think you're overreacting to something or other. The man's just excited because he's going to be a father! Let him have that ffs. He's not claiming that he's shoving the thing out of his jap's eye.

This. I have never heard a man say we are pregnant either.
bigfatflanker
It's half him to lol - just because you grow the damn thing for 9 months it doesn't make you any more entitled to it.

Ahahah, it sounds like you're talking about some mushrooms or whatever
. 'The damn thing'.

Anyway, I agree.
:yawn:
I<3LAMP

Well to be fair to him, he's never going to have first hand experience on what giving birth feels like so he's trying to be as helpful as he can :smile:

@OP: Who says "we are pregnant"? Really? "We are expecting a baby" or "My partner is pregnant" or "I'm going to be a dad! :biggrin:", yes. "We are pregnant", no. I'm sure most men are well aware they aren't actually carrying it :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Someone needs to get over it.
It is indeed a stupid expression, but whatever. Babies make people stupid, you can't really blame them.
We both created this baby! Its half him.

She is pregnant...
I've heard more women say "we are pregnant" than men - seriously, just shut up.
Sakura-Chan
It gets on my nerves as well to be honest.

It's even worse when guys reckon they have 'sympathy contractions.' Whatever :shifty:

:ditto:

Another one that annoys me is "she got pregnant." What? All by herself? :p:
Reply 34
I've never heard any guy say that.
Agreed it's disgusting the way men just try and take this away from us as well. I guess its inevitable though that eventually even the one thing we're good for would be stolen by men.
Reply 36
We do have to put up with the moaning. That's worse.
Reply 37
saalih
how easy it is for some men to simply say "we" are pregnant, to show solidarity or whatever...

no matter how hard he tries he will never feel/go through what a woman does when she is pregnant and when she delivers the baby......

i find that statement so ridiculous and stupid, in fact it is insulting...

You say that, but a few years down the line, you always want another. A man never wants another kick in the balls, which means that our pain is worse than your pain, so we can say we if we like! :p: (to extend a joke of a good comedian)
I don't see a problem with it. He too created the baby. It's just a way of saying he has a little one on the way. It's no big deal.
Any guy who says that sounds excited. I guess that's a good thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending