Ok then, let's step up the difficulty:

The Wizard of Oz?
Reply 582
The only guess I can come up with is The Neverending Story :dontknow:
The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe? :holmes:
Reply 584
matt10101
I'll start off a discussion now then

Anyone seen City of God?, saw it last week and I have to say that it was one of my favourite films ever, yet no-one i know has ever even heard of it

I suggest you guys go watch it now

Watched it in film studies brilliant film. Plus my Film teacher was from Brazil.
Reply 585
FFS. Started the fun without me.. :colonhash:
Reply 586
Tell me what you think of this thread, film buffs:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26964254#post26964254

If possible, give it some traffic.

:love:
Good Will Hunting was amazing last night. Matt Damon's best thing. And Robin Williams, who is usually horribly annoying but was ok. Dead good script, and Elliott Smith soundtrack :love: Slowed down a bit in the last third or so, but the opening two thirds were so cool it didn't matter at all and I didn't begrudge letting it take its time for a bit. Could've gone really wrong with the character transformation being so drastic, but it was carried off really well. Happy :smile:
Reply 588
common_person
Good Will Hunting was amazing last night. Matt Damon's best thing. And Robin Williams, who is usually horribly annoying but was ok. Dead good script, and Elliott Smith soundtrack :love: Slowed down a bit in the last third or so, but the opening two thirds were so cool it didn't matter at all and I didn't begrudge letting it take its time for a bit. Could've gone really wrong with the character transformation being so drastic, but it was carried off really well. Happy :smile:

It's a fantastic film, IMO. Was all settled down to watch it and then ended up going out at the last minute for a decidedly average night out. :grumble:
common_person

I watched this earlier. Love love love.
I've Sky+ it. :smile:
There's a **** load of films on TV this week that I want to see as well :love: It's so good when TV shows good films. Free films without the guilt :joyman:
As long as they're on the BBC. :h:
Reply 593
common_person
There's a **** load of films on TV this week that I want to see as well :love: It's so good when TV shows good films. Free films without the guilt :joyman:

Ooh, such as? I'm only on Freeview, and was a little disappointed at this week's selection. Not that they aren't good, it's just that I saw films like Saving Private Ryan (which is on tonight), last week.

I seem to have seen most of them, and the issue is the channel playing decent films, i.e Film4, seems to repeat the same films several times a week.
The Matrix is on ITV2 tomorrow :coma:.
You all failed. It was Labyrinth (with David Bowie :ahee:).
thejonsmith
Tell me what you think of this thread, film buffs:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26964254#post26964254

If possible, give it some traffic.

:love:

I'm not sure what you are looking for. :unsure: Do you want films which aren't very acclaimed (guilty pleasures) or hidden gems which are of very good quality?
Reply 597
Phalanges
I'm not sure what you are looking for. :unsure: Do you want films which aren't very acclaimed (guilty pleasures) or hidden gems which are of very good quality?

Films that aren't acclaimed; as they are relatively unknown or not particularly well publicised, as opposed to guilty pleasures. In other words, films of a high quality that many wouldn't have heard of, whether that's because they weren't acclaimed, or they've just been forgotten about by the public at large.
Phalanges
You all failed. It was Labyrinth (with David Bowie :ahee:).

Next one? :h:
Reply 599
I stand corrected, The Pianist is on ITV3. :tongue:opcorn: :dice:

Latest