The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
By any chance is it the prestigious "Image Link Won't Help"?
Such a lovely film :rolleyes:

EDIT: Beaten to it xD.
common_person
Tootsie. I'd recognise Dustin Hoffman anywhere.

Yep.
Reply 1182
JHar
If that's what you were saying, then I'd agree with you, although I'm not really sure how you can rate a lack of something. With Kill Bill, I can see how since it's what makes the film work, though with the other examples, such as Dogville, the lack of special effects doesn't make or break the film. It's just irrelevant.

Also, @Ramalot: correct regarding still. You're up

EDIT: Also, I agree with Reems, too. If someone is reading a review before a film, that person isn't looking for anything too deeply intersected, so enjoyability of the review is indispensable. If they are reading it afterwards, they're looking either for someone to agree with them and feel justification for their opinion or looking for someone to disagree with them to discuss the merits of their views, both of which aren't something a reviewer can strive to achieve since he doesn't know all his readers.

You'd, most likely, comment on the fact that special effects aren't used and say that this doesn't effect the film whatsoever. When I say 'rating', I mean more analysing the effect of something on the film, in your opinion.

I'll like whoever gets this.
reems23

See for more information: Mark Kermode reviewing SATC2.

That review made my day.
reems23
I know, it's a marvellous thing you're doing. I'm dead impressed.

Sarcasm?
Reply 1186
common_person

I'll like whoever gets this.

The quality isn't great, but it looks like De Niro in Taxi Driver.
Reply 1187
thejonsmith
The quality isn't great, but it looks like De Niro in Taxi Driver.

Thought the same thing here. I just don't remember a scene where he walks alone during day time
Nope, sorry, it's neither De Niro nor Taxi Driver. Sorry about the poor quality, was hard to find any good ones.
Reply 1189
It has something Deer Hunter/Once Upon a Time in America about it, but I'm pretty sure it's neither...

Clue?
Neither.

Clue: it's a famous actor. As for his lack of shoes, one he lost being a hero and the other he gave away.
Midnight Cowboy?
Nope, it's much later.
common_person
Nope, it's much later.

Hero. Dustin Hoffman. :h:
Ape Gone Insane
Hero. Dustin Hoffman. :h:

Yes :h: Seen it?
common_person
Yes :h: Seen it?

I have, indeed. It was a good movie. Hoffman is a great actor tbh :moon:

My turn :teeth:
Ape Gone Insane
I have, indeed. It was a good movie. Hoffman is a great actor tbh :moon:

My turn :teeth:

It's very underrated imo. It's one of the best examples of how good Hoffman is. Well, one of quite a lot, but still.
Easy. :teehee:

Ape Gone Insane
Easy. :teehee:

Ghostbusters.
S-man10
Ghostbusters.

:awesome:

Nope.

Latest