The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges
How come TSR don't do postgrad reviews? Aren't there enough helpers or something?

Spoiler

thy used to until last year think,. i think it's because they just don't have the people with the expertise as there as sooo many dif specific postrgrad degrees and they have enough undergrad ones to review as it is. i'm quite annoyed though, as i could really use some help lol.
Just remembered about Cloverfield being on later, will probably be the fourth time I've watched it and second time I've reviewed it :awesome:
Reply 1582
If I watch Cloverfield at 9, it'll be the first time I've done so. :holmes:
thejonsmith
If I watch Cloverfield at 9, it'll be the first time I've done so. :holmes:

Really?

Well obviously it's only an opinion, but I believe it's a great film. The handheld camera technique adds another dimension to it brilliantly :yep:

You going to do a review on it for the competition?
Hi peoples, can I join? I definitely am a film fanatic...
Reply 1585
Jordan-Kirby
Really?

Well obviously it's only an opinion, but I believe it's a great film. The handheld camera technique adds another dimension to it brilliantly :yep:

You going to do a review on it for the competition?

Yeah, I was never that bothered about watching it at the time - i.e at the cinema or streaming it online (or, er, renting it. I definitely do that too...). Maybe it was the hype, or the handheld camera, but I haven't been massively interested before.

I may watch as there's nothing else on, film-wise, and it sounds like it's probably worth a view. As for the review, it depends how closely I watch it, but I may well submit one, considering I missed the deadline for TWBB last time. :emo:
Ahh, I didn't watch it at the cinema when it came out, just on DVD. It's only a fairly short film really, it's just good how it's structured.

For free, it's always worth watching it. I'd say there's a fair amount you can review on it in the first watching to be honest :yes:

Ah, I think I was pretty busy around the time that competition was on, Phalanges review was just a bit good though so I don't think I'd have stood a chance :p:
cadaeibfeceh

Yes, of course. :h: Welcome!

What are your favourite movies? Going to watch any new ones soon?
cadaeibfeceh

Welcome. :h:

thejonsmith
I may watch as there's nothing else on, film-wise, and it sounds like it's probably worth a view. As for the review, it depends how closely I watch it, but I may well submit one, considering I missed the deadline for TWBB last time. :emo:

I hope you do watch it. :hmmm: It would be interesting to get a review from you. :holmes:

Jordan-Kirby
Ahh, I didn't watch it at the cinema when it came out, just on DVD. It's only a fairly short film really, it's just good how it's structured.

It's the kind of film I think would look amazing on the big screen. I might have to petition an independent cinema to show it...

Ah, I think I was pretty busy around the time that competition was on, Phalanges review was just a bit good though so I don't think I'd have stood a chance :p:

:o:
Reply 1589
I would like to take this opportunity to say that until Ape watches any of the Godfather films, his presence in this thread disgusts me a little. That is all.
thejonsmith
I would like to take this opportunity to say that until Ape watches any of the Godfather films, his presence in this thread disgusts me a little. That is all.

Pfft. You all disgust me. I made a throwaway comment in a thread about Exam a while back and two new members that I don't think I had ever seen before instantly quoted me with opinions on it. I then posted a pretty obvious screenshot from it in this thread full of supposed fanatics and nobody had a clue what it was for hours.
Phalanges
It's the kind of film I think would look amazing on the big screen. I might have to petition an independent cinema to show it...

Yeah, it's one of those films that's better to see on the big screen, just for the sheer effects :yes:
Reply 1592
Phalanges
Pfft. You all disgust me. I made a throwaway comment in a thread about Exam a while back and two new members that I don't think I had ever seen before instantly quoted me with opinions on it. I then posted a pretty obvious screenshot from it in this thread full of supposed fanatics and nobody had a clue what it was for hours.

:teehee:

I don't think I was in here at the time you posted it, tbf. :bandit:
I haven't seen one of the guess-the-film pictures since yours, thejonsmith.

Did anybody guess it correctly?
Phalanges

No need to get personal FFS. :colonhash:
thejonsmith

Better?

Open Range.
Reply 1596
Open Range indeed.
Damn my lack of knowledge in older films :colonhash:
Jordan-Kirby
Damn my lack of knowledge in older films :colonhash:

Lol, this is a very funny comment.

Latest