The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Well.. Time just flies by. Seems like just yesterday we were preparing our spring weeks apps.

Applications for Summer 2011 have opened up at some banks, with the rest of them soon to follow.

Thought we could use this thread as a main portal of discussion on the progress of our applications and to discuss anything related to them..

Probably no point asking for answers to competency questions because you'll just be shot down and rightly so.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who hold offers already.

Let the games begin!

:thumbsup:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just wondering if anyone knows which IBs have opened their doors to applications, except Barcap?
Reply 2
For which year (as in which year in a 4 year degree) is it best to apply for an internship?
Reply 3
Sk1lLz
For which year (as in which year in a 4 year degree) is it best to apply for an internship?

For the summer between 2nd and 3rd Year.
Reply 4
Doing my MSc in Finance at LSE (part time) from sept. and debating Barcap's off-cycle 2011 app or Full time for next sept...have some other positions lined up in the interim.

I presume 2011 intake is predominantly taken from this summer's internship? (for Barcap)
Reply 5
If anyone could answer the question above it would be appreciated. Moreover, as far as i know Citi, Credit Suisse, and Barcap are the only one's to have opened off-cycle internship's so far.
Joining in :biggrin:

Also going to be the first to say REJECTION from Deloitte, thanks to a rubbish numerical test performance :frown:

Time to begin some practice...
Reply 7
Hampstead_K
If anyone could answer the question above it would be appreciated. Moreover, as far as i know Citi, Credit Suisse, and Barcap are the only one's to have opened off-cycle internship's so far.

UBS and BAML.
Reply 8
I had forgotten how much I hate answering competency questions...
Reply 9
WokSz
UBS and BAML.

UBS in London? Can't find anything but Germany/Japan/HK on the website.
Hampstead_K
UBS in London? Can't find anything but Germany/Japan/HK on the website.

The deadline dates are up. But nothing on the website for the UK yet.
Keep checking back.
maghreblover
Joining in :biggrin:

Also going to be the first to say REJECTION from Deloitte, thanks to a rubbish numerical test performance :frown:

Time to begin some practice...

Why'd you even apply now?
Zweihander
Why'd you even apply now?

I was bored one day and decided it wouldn't hurt to try...

And my judgement was wrong, I guess :frown:

But at least its encouraged me to start practicing tests (not that i've done much yet :o: ). I've also learnt a whole lot about consultancy which I didn't know before.

by the way, i've just started my barcap app, should i leave it off for a while then?
Reply 13
maghreblover
I was bored one day and decided it wouldn't hurt to try...

And my judgement was wrong, I guess :frown:

But at least its encouraged me to start practicing tests (not that i've done much yet :o: ). I've also learnt a whole lot about consultancy which I didn't know before.

by the way, i've just started my barcap app, should i leave it off for a while then?

i'd fill it in advance, but dont submit it until september, gives you one month to prepare.
Reply 14
UBS does have off-cycle internships but they open in September, I think.
CS_Prodigy
i'd fill it in advance, but dont submit it until september, gives you one month to prepare.

thanks. i think i'll do that.
Reply 16
Sorry, what gives you the power to make this thread "official"? There was a summer 2011 thread already...

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if people are considering applying abroad because of EU regulations.
Swayum
Sorry, what gives you the power to make this thread "official"? There was a summer 2011 thread already...

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if people are considering applying abroad because of EU regulations.

Which regulations?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending