The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Miyavi
Yeah I already said that you don't care but I still felt like mentioning that your ass got handed to you because you're in denial that it did :P There's a difference.

Oh but yes, I do commend your use of smileys! Very good!

This is too good :jiggy:
Reply 381
how bout chatting about relevant stuff?
Reply 382

Ground Zero.
......Wicked.
don't want to be rude, but you guys have done a great job of derailing this thread. perhaps you could resume the gay/not gay/who's a sadomasochist slave arguments on gmail chat or facebook?
ciubix07
how bout chatting about relevant stuff?

THIS!!!
Verne_Lundquist
don't want to be rude, but you guys have done a great job of derailing this thread. perhaps you could resume the gay/not gay/who's a sadomasochist slave arguments on gmail chat or facebook?

For FVCKS SAKE... YES!!! How many pages of the thread can you take up just arguing over... nothing!!!
Rhapsodize
For FVCKS SAKE... YES!!! How many pages of the thread can you take up just arguing over... nothing!!!

I wasn't aware that we were arguing :dontknow:
Reply 388
yoyo462001
I wasn't aware that we were arguing :dontknow:

You're not aware of much are you ?

Sorry, I had to.
Johan C

Sorry, I had to.

:rofl: Oh Johan you never fail to amuse me :moon:.
Johan C
Sorry, I had to.

yoyo462001
:rofl: Oh Johan you never fail to amuse me :moon:.

Seriously guys... No ones asking either one of you to suck the other 1 off or to brown nose one another... Can we just drop it now... Bite your toungues... You both win... Let's just get back to the thread!
Reply 391
Milch
This.
There's no need to list every task for each job that you've ever done.

Have you got a Skills section? Do you guys write about the skills that you have gained and from which job/experience/activity you gained them? And if you have, how many ?

in my CV, the Skills section is the biggest almost 1/3 of the whole CV and thats why I cant fit it on one page..

Another question is regarding the preparation for the numerical tests..
Do you just google them or buy special books?
Reply 392
kukuruku
Have you got a Skills section? Do you guys write about the skills that you have gained and from which job/experience/activity you gained them? And if you have, how many ?

in my CV, the Skills section is the biggest almost 1/3 of the whole CV and thats why I cant fit it on one page..

Another question is regarding the preparation for the numerical tests..
Do you just google them or buy special books?

I don't have a 'skills' section, I just mention a few in different parts of my CV. My skills are mostly listed on my cover letter, otherwise both would be too similar.

lol numerical tests are like GCSE maths (or possibly easier). But if you really need practise then go on the dhl and psl websites.

Edit: shl not dhl :p:
DHL? I don't think a delivery company will be able to provide much help for numerical tests. :p:
Reply 394
ElemenT'
DHL? I don't think a delivery company will be able to provide much help for numerical tests. :p:

**** lol my bad. shl.
Reply 395
Hi everyone,

I am about to embark on my penultimate year of law degree studies at Oxford and have up until about six months ago been dead set on a career in commercial law. However, on the advice and encouragement of a fellow student who is a former analyst at Goldman, I have now decided to try out applying for internships at investment banks, preferably within the private wealth management division.

I have submitted my application to Goldman, but am yet to submit the other ones. Could anyone who is more in the know make any suggestions?

Also, I was wondering, since my CV is largely legal-career related, will investment banks consider me?

Thanks!
Reply 396
eve_22
Hi everyone,

I am about to embark on my penultimate year of law degree studies at Oxford and have up until about six months ago been dead set on a career in commercial law. However, on the advice and encouragement of a fellow student who is a former analyst at Goldman, I have now decided to try out applying for internships at investment banks, preferably within the private wealth management division.

I have submitted my application to Goldman, but am yet to submit the other ones. Could anyone who is more in the know make any suggestions?

Also, I was wondering, since my CV is largely legal-career related, will investment banks consider me?

Thanks!

No doubt you will be able to get interviews because of your university. But in an interview you will need to show an interest in PWM and Banking which may be difficult seeing as you chose an unrelated degree.
I studied Law at undergraduate at a Redbrick, PWM is similar to Commercial Law firms in terms of culture and client oriented skills. It really isn't that hard a sell. Albeit, I did do a year of work experience, passed CFA Level 1 this summer, and am enrolled in the LSE MSc Finance (part-time) course from September.

The MSc is related to longer term plans though. So you may need to spend some time proving that you have the knowledge.

To note - I have just started in PWM.
Carsten Kengeter - One of the Group Executive Board member's of UBS Investment Bank. And who managed to get a £8.2 million bonus last year, graduated from Middlesex University in Business Admin...
And they say going to a good university matters:rolleyes:
Just thought I'd post some positivity and a bit of motivation in this thread for those applying:smile:
Reply 399
Milch
No doubt you will be able to get interviews because of your university. But in an interview you will need to show an interest in PWM and Banking which may be difficult seeing as you chose an unrelated degree.

Thank you for the ecnouragement. It's good to know I might be in with a chance of an interview.

I'll take on board your comments about showing interest in PVM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending