The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andiroo
Was speaking to Amy in HR at Citi yesterday, she told me that they've doubled their S&T intake, and as it stands only 20 out of the 45 places have been filled.

Interesting- what else did HR say re: S&T?
Original post by robotic_dancer
Done the HSBC telephone interview? Sales?

I got a similar email today saying they had filled their trading positions, but that they will move my app to a sales internship. If I get called, the AC will be on the March 2nd
Passed telephone interview for RBS Global Restructuring Group internship

Got shortlisted for AC, but havent heard anything since then (10 days ago)

Anyone who knows the date?
Reply 5983
Just got the standard email from RBS about app on hold for time being.
Hey all, I just got invited to a 2nd Round at GS Securities next Tuesday. Could anyone who has already been through the ordeal divulge some information/tips?
Much appreciated, feel free to PM if you like :smile:
Reply 5985
How well do people rate Jefferies IBD?
Reply 5986
Original post by Haz313

Apparently, its meant to be really good. http://www.economywatch.com/banking/investment/bank-ranking.html
I know someone who is joining them as a FT Analyst and he told me the training and development programme they offer in NY which sounded amazing.

However, their summer internship scheme seems a bit disorganized in my opinion. Had my phone interview with them yesterday.
Original post by Peaches182
I got a similar email today saying they had filled their trading positions, but that they will move my app to a sales internship. If I get called, the AC will be on the March 2nd

wow.... my flatmate got an email saying they're still reviewing application for trading!

HSBC:mad:
Original post by elva2sam
wow.... my flatmate got an email saying they're still reviewing application for trading!

HSBC:mad:

Ye. Its wierd. I got sent that email about an hour after they asked if I wanted to change from trading to sales???? I guess its good that they offer flexability. I will say that I've herd people have been rejected for the trading saying that its full, without the offer of a change, as long as there aint a rejection, they still could be mulling over wether to change his (I assume a he:wink:) app.
Reply 5989
Original post by Haz313

Jefferies is growing FAST...I reckon in a few years people will mention the company in the same breath as some of the BB's. Take a look at the figures, If you have a chance to intern with them grab it with two hands.
Final round invite for Citi S&T and BNP Paribas Trading Insight invite.

Anybody with any info on either of these?? Would be much appreciated.
Reply 5991
Original post by etrain1986
Take the exploding offer, you're a marginal applicant to GS, you have an offer, take it and then get fast tracked in the summer - best of both worlds.

Yup done that, spoke with ex GS hr and was advised to do that and they said I would be invited over summer to events and will be kept in contact and GS and would invite for fast forward graduate interviews.
Reply 5992
Original post by fezzle01
Yup done that, spoke with ex GS hr and was advised to do that and they said I would be invited over summer to events and will be kept in contact and GS and would invite for fast forward graduate interviews.

Well done mate, good decision.

I'm hoping to pull off something similar. I have already accepted at a firm I really like (it was an exploding offer) but am still going to the AC for an arguably better firm. I wouldn't renege my first contract but if I get an offer from the second firm I'm going to explain the situation and see if I can get fast-tracked for next year.
Reply 5993
Hi. Anyone got any info on first round telephone interview for wholesale banking at Standard Chartered? Any info would be highly appreciated :smile:

A long shot; any info on an interview for energy trading at Shell?

:smile:
Reply 5994
Original post by AdamTrep
Jefferies is growing FAST...I reckon in a few years people will mention the company in the same breath as some of the BB's. Take a look at the figures, If you have a chance to intern with them grab it with two hands.

mate get real
Anyone heard from Macquarie Capital yet?
Reply 5996
Original post by GreekAlpha
Anyone heard from Macquarie Capital yet?

no :frown:
Original post by thor1000
no :frown:

Me neither, but a friend of mine who attended one of the last assessment sessions already got rejected so I guess it's a good sign? :biggrin:
Reply 5998
Original post by GreekAlpha
Me neither, but a friend of mine who attended one of the last assessment sessions already got rejected so I guess it's a good sign? :biggrin:

Lol you are such a good friend
Reply 5999
Anyone got invited to BoA ML AC next week? It's the SA S&T Program.

From what I've read, it's two tests, two presentations and one interview? Is this correct? I also read somewhere, it's supposedly the last round, is this correct, too?

I got another invitation for Credit Suisse, it's an internship position for Securities Sales Germany.
What should I expect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending