The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Milch
Well yeah they said that they would e-mail us in August before apps opened. I'm just a bit worried that they've forgot about us and apps are opening tomorrow or soon.

Doubt it. They're probably focusing on dishing out grad offer to current interns.
WokSz
I get bored watching Bloomberg so imagine if I was a Trader. I basically knew I wanted to be a the shiznet and only way to do that is be a Banker. Hence, IBD.

Bloomberg's only boring if you dont know to use it. Even plain old equities trading can be entertaining. Have you ever seen what can happen to a share price right after company results get released? Watching people's flabbergasted reactions in the office has produced quite the many lulz.
Reply 782
Zweihander
Bloomberg's only boring if you dont know to use it. Even plain old equities trading can be entertaining. Have you ever seen what can happen to a share price right after company results get released? Watching people's reactions in the office has produced quite the many lulz.

Oh no, I love the terminal. I hate watching it on TV. It's great masturbation material, though.
WokSz
I get bored watching Bloomberg so imagine if I was a Trader. I basically knew I wanted to be a the shiznet and only way to do that is be a Banker. Hence, IBD.

But you can be a banker (and the "shiznet") in markets too. What's so special in IBD? I've heard from the traders that it really does get boring up there!
Reply 784
September. Game on.
Barcap reset my test :biggrin: yay(!)
rapidshare
But you can be a banker (and the "shiznet") in markets too. What's so special in IBD? I've heard from the traders that it really does get boring up there!

The fact you have heard that from traders... Lol :P
Reply 787
Ali M
September. Game on.

Haha. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna apply to more right now. Who's open?
Reply 788
The RBS app is painful
Just finished the UBS logic test, not half as bad as some of the posts on threads from years gone by made it out to be! :smile:
Reply 790
Just about to finish CV, but I've been told to completely omit a profile/objective statement and just include education, work experience and interests. What do you guys reckon?
Milch
Haha. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna apply to more right now. Who's open?

BarCap, UBS, RBS, GS, DB, Nomura - are open so far afaik. Anymore?
All the Big 4 are too.
Brainss
Just about to finish CV, but I've been told to completely omit a profile/objective statement and just include education, work experience and interests. What do you guys reckon?

correctomundo
Reply 793
Brainss

Whoever told you that is correct.
Brainss

That sounds about right. Most banks require a one page CV so some type of statement at the top will waste just waste space. Your statement should be conveyed through the categories you mentioned; namely 'interests'.
Unless your opening statement is 'I want monies' it's best not to have one.
Reply 796
citi is open :smile:
Brainss

Not hugely important either way.
If u can keep the cv to one page, including a personal statement, by all means go ahead.

Basically, some do, some don't.
Eg. When I did internship apps last year I had a personal statement at the top of mine. I got interviews with GS and couple other big names too.
I'm not saying it's bc of the personal statement, the point I'm making is that if ur good enough, they'll pick you, regardless of you having a personal statement or not. It's entirely subjective.
I know a recruiter who says he gets a stack of cvs and says he's far more likely to consider those with a personal satement. Basically that hundreds of similar cvs all opening with with education, etc gets very tiring and he just bins them.
Again, I guess it just depends on the individual recruiter.
Essentially for grad/intern apps a personal statement is def. not a must, but is by no means be any harm either.
fl281
citi is open :smile:

Cheers for the heads up
Inflation
BarCap, UBS, RBS, GS, DB, Nomura - are open so far afaik. Anymore?
All the Big 4 are too.

Is this only for the long, Summer Internships?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending