The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2011 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
facetious
Ah ok. Sorry, I'm new to this, haven't actually started applying yet. Hopefully I'm not leaving it too late :s-smilie:

I didn't mean to come off rude or anything, I was just saying. It's not even half way through September yet, you're not late at all :smile:
Reply 1381
Wow... I should really start applying to places.
Reply 1382
Haz313
Wow... I should really start applying to places.

You might get a UBS offer soon though.
Reply 1383
Milch
You might get a UBS offer soon though.

Hopefully, but always good to hedge :wink: You had your AC yet?
Also, how was CitiQ?
Reply 1384
Barc Cap reset my tests :smile: Do you think its worth emailing BOAML and saying that I applied for the wrong division and asking if i can start my app again?
Reply 1385
Haz313
Hopefully, but always good to hedge :wink: You had your AC yet?
Also, how was CitiQ?

Haha yeah true :p:
Well nope I haven't been placed on the next one, hopefully I'll get an invite this week.

Pretty good, it was well useful as nearly the whole week was work shadowing. Also a mini assessment centre on the last day. No socials were organised though which was a bit crap.
Reply 1386
i am literally like changing mainly just the banks name for the CL's...is this bad...
Reply 1387
LSEfreak
i am literally like changing mainly just the banks name for the CL's...is this bad...

Yes.
Reply 1388
Milch
Yes.

so wat do you do? rephrase everything? including ur experiences?
Reply 1389
LSEfreak
so wat do you do? rephrase everything? including ur experiences?

Most of it stays the same but I think you need to change anything that is unique to a bank e.g. its culture. Also, if I have attended a presentation/competition/insight programme at that bank then I will say a bit about what I learnt from it.
LSEfreak

Sometimes I wonder if you're a troll...
Reply 1391
Swayum
Well, you need to make sure it says something like "FICC Summer 2011" not "UBS Insights/Horizons 2011".

yeah managed to change that, but everything else was the same.
Milch
I don't think it will let you do 2 applications under 1 email. Those divisions are completely different though, what made you change your mind?

I was being a bit of a keeno and stupidly thought that they wouldnt do a risk programme. Also Ive been looking at credit suisse and BNP paribas and I cant find a risk programme to apply to, anyone know what division it will be listed in
Reply 1393
For the UBS application, how many words would be adequate for the Why firm, why division question? 200-250 a good target?
My Credit Suisse application crashed just before my test results were sent to them...

What happens now, will they resit my test?
RUMCGC
For the UBS application, how many words would be adequate for the Why firm, why division question? 200-250 a good target?

No doubt.
Guys quick question, basically I've got absolutely **** results for 1st year, even with resits (incredibly stupid of me, I know). Do I even stand a chance of getting an internship? When it says you must be predicted/on course for a 2:1 or more, is there any way I can get my tutor to predict me a 2:1, or do they only look at 1st year results?
facetious
Guys quick question, basically I've got absolutely **** results for 1st year, even with resits (incredibly stupid of me, I know). Do I even stand a chance of getting an internship? When it says you must be predicted/on course for a 2:1 or more, is there any way I can get my tutor to predict me a 2:1, or do they only look at 1st year results?

what did you get?
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
what did you get?

2:2 after resits. A Levels were ok though (AAB), so would that help me at all?
Reply 1399
Is it fine to say "X bank is recovering very well since making losses in 2009" on application forms, or is best to avoid any negativity at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending