The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
To be honest, I think you would be struggling with an appeal for a B.
I think in order to be a strong candidate for a B appeal you would of had to get a high B or even an A in the prelims.
Reply 61
Does anybody know if i could get an appeal for higher maths. For my prelim i got 78% and 72% i think but it was above 70 for both does anybody know if i could get an appeal i got a C for the exam, could it change to a B? PLz reply back.
Reply 62
Umer786
Does anybody know if i could get an appeal for higher maths. For my prelim i got 78% and 72% i think but it was above 70 for both does anybody know if i could get an appeal i got a C for the exam, could it change to a B? PLz reply back.

Yeah i think thats quite a good position to appeal! ask your school eh they will send your appeal! good luck with it
Reply 63
Umer786
I got my results on thursday and im really worried. I got a C for Chemistry and for the prelims i got a B with 62%. Does anybody know if i could get an appeal? Plz reply back.

Hmm depends eh, how did u do in your NAB's?
If I go to my school, should they be able to give me the bands/marks today?
Livesindreams

Yes, if its open :smile:
TheRabbit
Yes, if its open :smile:

Thanks, it should be open :smile:
Reply 67
Babb_zz
Hmm depends eh, how did u do in your NAB's?

For my NABs i passed them all is that good enough?
Reply 68
Umer786
For my NABs i passed them all is that good enough?

well thats good, but since 62% is like nearly a B i suppose that its a 50/50 chance in my opinion! Hope for the best eh :smile:
Livesindreams

I might be wrong, but I don't think the marks are available until later in the year.
Hi.

Anyone out there got any experience when it comes to higher geography appeals?
Got an A (76%) on the prelim, and the school said they would deffo appeal for me if it came to it as they apparently never had a rejected higher geography appeal.
Fingers crossed. Oh, and i see people talking about bands here.. but can't see any information of such in my certificate received in the mail (only grades)..? Have I missed something...? Or is it not just the teachers who tell you when youre back in school?
Stock-Addict
Oh, and i see people talking about bands here.. but can't see any information of such in my certificate received in the mail (only grades)..? Have I missed something...? Or is it not just the teachers who tell you when youre back in school?

Yes, you have to contact the school. Some keen beans do this over the holidays, since the teachers will usually pop in at some point to see how their classes have done.
Reply 72
Hi unfortunately I was ill on the day that my school had teachers in the school who were speaking to pupils about making any appeals after the exams. My school does not return until next thursday and I would appreciate it if anybody could tell me what the latest date that your school can send in appeals to the SQA?

Hopefully it wont be too late to appeal next thursday when I return to school, but in the case that this IS too late what should my plan of action be?

Thanks for any replies people give.
grange789
Hi unfortunately I was ill on the day that my school had teachers in the school who were speaking to pupils about making any appeals after the exams. My school does not return until next thursday and I would appreciate it if anybody could tell me what the latest date that your school can send in appeals to the SQA?

Hopefully it wont be too late to appeal next thursday when I return to school, but in the case that this IS too late what should my plan of action be?

Thanks for any replies people give.

I think the latest date is the 25th September, but I could have made that date up...
Reply 74
Livesindreams
I think the latest date is the 25th September, but I could have made that date up...

Ok thanks i guess. Do you have any solid info to back this date up because it is important to me that I get my appeal sent to the SQA before the deadline.
grange789
Ok thanks i guess. Do you have any solid info to back this date up because it is important to me that I get my appeal sent to the SQA before the deadline.

Well this is from the SQA Website http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/NQAppeals2010_Keydates.pdf

But it's not really making any sense to me, so maybe ask SAM?
Reply 76
I have a C at Advanced Higher English but a B in the prelim. I appreciate my chances aren't very good but is it possible?

Also, on a side note, I appealed from a B to an A in Human Biology last year, so that's possible and a boy in my year appealed from a D in Modern Studies to a B :P
lastplace
I have a C at Advanced Higher English but a B in the prelim. I appreciate my chances aren't very good but is it possible?

Also, on a side note, I appealed from a B to an A in Human Biology last year, so that's possible and a boy in my year appealed from a D in Modern Studies to a B :P

May i ask do you know what the boy in your year achieved in his prelim? As I would kill for an appeal up to a B from a D in Higher History. :colone:
Reply 78
matthew93
May i ask do you know what the boy in your year achieved in his prelim? As I would kill for an appeal up to a B from a D in Higher History. :colone:

He got an A in his prelim :P
Reply 79
I got an A in Adv. Higher Geography prelim but a D in the final. I hope I get my appeal. Usually my school does all appeal automatically, like last year. I'm sure my Geography teacher will have submitted my appeal, at least I hope.

Latest

Trending

Trending