The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

no please dont say you wish you did, its the hardest time ever making the desicion!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
hey i've been with my boyfriend just over a year now and when we first met he was just about to start uni in cardiff so he's been through all the temptations and found he wasn;t interested we're definately staying together just 30 minsish on the train plus he live in chepstow when hes not in uni so even closer. i dont know i understand the whole its hard thing but we didn't live particularly near last year (hour and half on bus) but didnt make any difference and we've spent the whole summer together so im kinda used to the whole distance thing so its not an issue i'm also an hours drive from chepstow living in porthcawl. i don't know being so deeply i love i'm just not interested in pulling, just making great friends for life! anyone else in the same situation as me?
ciara
Well we're staying together as in still talking all the time, but adopting a (more) open relationship. We both kinda know we'll break up eventually but don't want to make a sudden break just for the sake of it. I truly believe we'll get back together so that makes it easier to deal with. My priority is that we both make the most of uni and our opportunities and I don't think we can really do that while one of our main priorities is each other :frown:.

Cxx

My sentiments exactly! Looks like we'll be in the same boat Ciara!
I'm not sure what's going on, my bf and i want to stay together but i'm in bristol and he's in falmouth, around 4-5 hours train so i don't know whether it's possible. Still, worth a try, we're going to talk about it a few weeks in and see how it goes, everyone else seems to be much closer to their bf/gf (the child in me is stamping feet and moaning that it's not fair). I spose we'll end breaking up, but u never know!
my boyfriends coming to uni with me and i cant wait! im excited cos i know that i will already have somebody i know there, but we have agreed to spend a lot of time apart in freshers week to make new friends, and then perhaps pull our groups together to let a lot of people meet even MORE new people.
yeah im happy he's coming with me
Reply 25
Aw, glad to see a few of us in the same boat :smile:. I think the main thing is not to get too upset whatever happens - we should be enjoying uni as much as possible. Whatever's meant to be will be I reckon, and if it's true love then it can wait!

Cxx
Reply 26
im goin "attached" and dont see it being a problem
ive never felt any temptation up until now, so i see no reason why uni will be an issue.
and if it is, THEN is when a decision needs to be made.
we aren't gonna break up unless there actually IS a problem, not a potential one.
Reply 27
Mr Tom

we aren't gonna break up unless there actually IS a problem, not a potential one.

That bit I completely agree with. :smile: Very good way of putting it as well :smile:
Reply 28
I agree with you guys that you shouldn't force a breakup of a great relationship. Although in general long distance relationships have a tendency to fail, I reckon the biggest problem is not them actually failing.
I knew someone that tried to keep her relationship going once she went to Uni, and put so much effort into it, that when they did break up she was stressed and upset to the point that she dropped out as she couldn't cope.

That said, from what I saw, the people already in relationships on starting uni were generally a lot more relaxed and confident. No rush, no pressure, no worries.

jIm
wednesburywench
no please dont say you wish you did, its the hardest time ever making the desicion!

Nikki, I've done it before. Two years ago. I know exactly how it feels and exactly what you're going through. The good news is it was totally worth it.
i dont know what to do, i love my boyfriend to bits and he's my best friend. But we've been arguing a lot recently and he's said some horrible things that have made me worry that he's going to find someone else at uni eg "i don't like the way you look as much anymore" (i've lost some weight), "i dont like the person you're turning into" (????) although afterward he said he didnt mean them, i still can't help but think he might be better off with someone he likes more. I really find it hard to trust people and when he says something like that it just makes me wonder if he would cheat on me.
I love him so much and i dont know what i'd do without him ( i have no family who will be there for me or that i even talk to) i dont know what to do. Help!
Reply 31
Shelbycakes
i dont know what to do, i love my boyfriend to bits and he's my best friend. But we've been arguing a lot recently and he's said some horrible things that have made me worry that he's going to find someone else at uni eg "i don't like the way you look as much anymore" (i've lost some weight), "i dont like the person you're turning into" (????) although afterward he said he didnt mean them, i still can't help but think he might be better off with someone he likes more. I really find it hard to trust people and when he says something like that it just makes me wonder if he would cheat on me.
I love him so much and i dont know what i'd do without him ( i have no family who will be there for me or that i even talk to) i dont know what to do. Help!

i find it hard to trust people as well-in fact i dont trust anyone, but uve got to have a lot of trust between u for ur realationship to work. with my ex i trusted her more than anyone else and when she cheated on me it eventually led to me dumping her, i said i didnt love her anymore but it was easy to say that than i still loved her but cud never trust her again so it wudnt work.
tell him how it feels when he says things like that, if he knows and he loves u he will never do it again. there is always someone to talk to, u can talk to all ur new uni friends at bristol :smile:
I told him the 1st time how upset i was, and i think it was very obvious to see ( red puffy crying face) and then we had another argument and he said the thing about not like how i look. I've been through soo much in my life and i just want to be happy for a change.
Reply 33
Shelbycakes
I told him the 1st time how upset i was, and i think it was very obvious to see ( red puffy crying face) and then we had another argument and he said the thing about not like how i look. I've been through soo much in my life and i just want to be happy for a change.

it sounds like hes upsetting you, you deserve to be happy and should find someone who treats you better like you deserve. if you are unhappy try to think of all the good things that have happened to you-friendly words, gifts, kindly gestures etc :smile:
Unfortunatly theres not much good umoung the badness. I know i shoud just brighten up and get on with it, but it is increadibly hard sometimes, espcially when i know he's the only person in the world who cares.
Going to uni is a good thing! It's a chance to leave everything you don't like behind you!
Reply 36
Shelbycakes
Unfortunatly theres not much good umoung the badness. I know i shoud just brighten up and get on with it, but it is increadibly hard sometimes, espcially when i know he's the only person in the world who cares.

hes obviously not the only person who cares even if it feels that way im sure it isnt true. im pretty much a complete stranger and know nothing about ur background but im taking the time to try and cheer u up-not very successfully, so im sure lots of people care
and if they dont then in 2 weeks you ewill have some new friends who do care
wednesburywench
and if they dont then in 2 weeks you ewill have some new friends who do care

:dito:
Thanks people, well we had another argument today and i'm just about comming to the end of my teather now. I just cant wait to get to bristol! and get away formit all!

Latest

Trending

Trending