The Student Room Group

Economics with a language (German)

I would like to do a degree in economics (or economics related eg. buisnees) at universtiy but also keep up the linguistic element to my study - I am currently doing German Economics Art and Maths at AS level and my predicted grades are AAAB. I would also love to do a year abroad in a German speaking country. I really want a degree that is flexible and i can study modules in the language as well as the economics

At the moment I am looking at
Nottingham - Economics with German
Exeter - (Buisness) Economics with Study Abroad
Wawrick - International Buisness

Does anyone have any advise about courses like these????????? I find them really hard to search for!

THANK YOU X
student957
I would like to do a degree in economics (or economics related eg. buisnees) at universtiy but also keep up the linguistic element to my study - I am currently doing German Economics Art and Maths at AS level and my predicted grades are AAAB. I would also love to do a year abroad in a German speaking country. I really want a degree that is flexible and i can study modules in the language as well as the economics

At the moment I am looking at
Nottingham - Economics with German
Exeter - (Buisness) Economics with Study Abroad
Wawrick - International Buisness

Does anyone have any advise about courses like these????????? I find them really hard to search for!

THANK YOU X

I do Economics and German at Sheffield so Im happy to answer any question you have about it. Leeds to a very flexible course for that. I think Birmingham and St Andrews do Economics with German.

What I would say initially about the course is:

Its a very useful course to study in my opinion. Having a language add a lot of options to an already strong degree and the year abroad adds vital experience.

Economics is pretty challenging so doing well in it feels good.

There is A LOT of maths in Economics to begin with so be wary of that and there is also a lot of history and culture in German.

If you are only interested in the language part of it, you usually get a free module in any single honours degree which you could put towards German language.

As i said, feel free to ask anything about it
Reply 2
thanks so much for your reply, i got my AS results today and did well in econ, maths, and art all with As in the modules but unfortunately i got a B in German - (an A in the speaking module and a C in the listening/reading/writing part)

Is doing the German part of the course really demanding as well as doing economics with it? I really enjoy the subject but i think i may lack natural ability to learn vocab etc. do you find iit really hard to juggle both? Did you have a good german grades to do the course?
I am also looking to do the same course at university. My subjects are almost the same, I'm studying Economics, German, Maths and Psychology.
I went to the Southampton open day and the languages looked very impressive. You can do a German degree and take 2 modules in economics, or management sciences (business) but they do not have the option of a combined honours degree in Economics and German.

Latest