The Student Room Group

So you say that being Gay is something that God gave you...?

Alright, alright. Interesting, interesting, that is, cool, cool...

...except for one incy-wincy, minor detail.

If God made you Gay then that means that something within your biology has made you Gay like you are.

You're probably thinking, "what the ****! Gay hater! Homophobe!"

Don't be a moron.

It's like with Autism: it's in your blood. It is inherrently part of who and what you are. You are Autistic by blood. Autistic blood. Same with Gays: it's in your blood. It is inherrently part of who and what you are. You are Gay by blood. Gay blood.

A Straight person is Straight due to their biology. A Gay person is Gay due to their biology. Straight, Gay, Bi, Pan, Asexual-- ***************.

If you use the argument that God made you Gay or "that's just the way I am!" or such a similar argument, then no-one is having any of it. If this is so then you must accept that you are only Gay because of your biology. Same as a Straight person: we're only Straight because there's that bit of us that made us Straight and we could have very easily not been Straight.

Again, if being Gay is not a lifestyle choice then it must come from somewhere. Nothing stems from nowhere. Simple cause and effect in motion. Otherwise, being Gay or Straight or Bi or whatever you are is a lifestyle choice.

Finally, if it is something that God gave you, then that immediately means that if we had a look inside, through whichever medical techniques or methods are necessary/appropriate, we can find out what actually does make you `tick` as a Gay.

Done.

Scroll to see replies

The God this, God that threads are coming thick and fast today? Must be a slow day on TSR...
Reply 2
Being gay's not in your blood exactly - it's more a hormonal imbalance, or similar, developed while you're in the womb; but other than that, I agree with everything you're saying here. Also, I think there have been studies to find a 'gay gene' but so far, they're not doing too well, but there appears to be a link between genes and things that happen during the development of the fetus that may have something to do with it.

I'm going to be watching this thread closley to see if this manages to stay an intelligent debate, or, sadly, as some do, descends into idiocy and trolling. Nothing against, you, OP, it's just that the theology section can house as many trolls as serious posters XD
Eclectic Styles

If God made you Gay then that means that something within your biology has made you Gay like you are.

Not necessarily. It could, for example, have been your environment which made them gay - and since God is the one who created the environment around them with full knowledge that it would make them gay, it would still be correct for them to say "God made me gay".

If God makes someone gay, why must it necessarily be through biology that he does this, as opposed to psychology?
Reply 4
I think it is the nature and nurture debate. I personally think the upbringing of the child plays a large part on their sexuality. There is no gene in us to determine whether we are straight, gay etc.
Eclectic Styles
Done.

Thank you so much! Dude God didn't make anybody GAY, LESBIAN, BI or anything other than 'STRAIGHT' concerning sexuality.

Hello... Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

I think GAY, LESBIAN, BI Bishops are ******* ***** that are a fat disgrace to Christianity! How dare they preach the word that is 100% against their sexual acts!!

I personally do not understand homosexual people! Lesbians when they have sex use a dildo... Gays **** the arse hole...(the penis clearly meant for a vagina) and Lesbians clearly meant to be ****** by a penis!

Its so stupid how one partner always acts like the opposite sex....VERY CLEAR INDICATION that homosexuality is abnormal and clear sign of madness!

**Yeah quote me and type a lot of **** insulting me...this is my view/belief**

Get Hetero Homo :cool:
How about, God doesn't exist? And how about you were born gay or turned gay during your childhood?
Firstly <comment removed - don't insult users>

Secondly "god" did not create gays. Gayness was something a person was naturally born with

Thirdly, why do you feel the need to justify yourself by making this thread? I wasn't aware this was an issue any gay person particuarly had
Reply 8
Eclectic Styles

It's like with Autism: it's in your blood. It is inherrently part of who and what you are. You are Autistic by blood. Autistic blood. Same with Gays: it's in your blood. It is inherrently part of who and what you are. You are Gay by blood. Gay blood.

Proof. kthx
They have. They've found out that it's a hormonal imbalance in said individuals. Now what was the argument again?
Reply 10
qasman
Proof. kthx

Proof its not.
kthx.

Ye.. thought not.

They havent proved a "gay gene" .. but they havent DISproved anything of that sort..
Reply 11
Tommyjw
Proof its not.
kthx.

Ye.. thought not.

They havent proved a "gay gene" .. but they havent DISproved anything of that sort..

well tell me if they do. they won't though.

very good counter-argument, seeing as you athiests hate it when thiests say that God hasn't been disproved... so i'll use the exact argument that you use against them... No one has DISproved the flying spaghetti monster

(Also, it's PROVE it's not... not Proof <-- not a verb)
Reply 12
strawberry
They have. They've found out that it's a hormonal imbalance in said individuals. Now what was the argument again?

this doesn't show that gay people are born gay... environment can cause hormonal imbalances.
Yeah I can confirm that it is not a lifestyle choice and nor is it something I can control. So for whatever reasons there are for the existence of homosexuality, it's all irrelevant because it is what it is, and can't be changed.

/thread.
iheartmondays
x

If you care so much about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom, which does not and never will affect you, you are probably hiding something yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't care so much. Just saying.

OP I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? But I am pretty sure homosexuality is not a choice. We still don't know exactly why people are gay but they are, I suppose the best way of finding out is by asking a gay person, since you and I are not gay we can't really speak for them, they would know more about what goes on in their mind than we do, but I bet none of them will tell you that they chose it. They certainly aint hurting anybody by being that way so why is it a big deal?
Reply 15
I dont believe God made people gay, but then again I dont believe much in a God so thats probably why :p:

Me and my friend once theorised that gay people are gay almost as a part of natural selection, like a way of controlling the population from overpopulating (because obviously they cant reproduce). But hey, it was 3am and we were both deep in silly discussion ,so we were probably highly unscientific. :p:

But imo, homosexuality, bisexuality, lesbianism etc is a complete natural and innate part of that person. Its certainly not a "lifestyle choice" or a diaties work. And good on them if they are! :smile:
nahh, being gay is something the local priest forced on you.
It hasnt been proven that autism is genetic. They are almost clueless as to what causes it.
Reply 18
If a gay gives blood to a non gay then they become gay? :erm:
Reply 19
You repeated your point 5 times...

Latest

Trending

Trending