Occupational therapy 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry got that mixed up;
Nothampton interview - 22nd jan
Coventy - 9th Feb
Reply 21
To CaptainPeter
Northampton was one of my choices. Did u study occupational therapy there?
what was so bad? was it the course structure or the university?
Thanks for the info, it's a real eye opener.
J
Original post by Holly-W
I sent of my application for O.T about 6 weeks ago now and have got a interview from Coventy - 22nd Jan and Northampton - 9th Feb.

I really want to go to Southampton though, but haven't heard anything, and apparently its really competitive :frown:

Hey :smile:
I applied in November & so far I've only heard from Coventry... scary waiting game! My interview is on the same day as you :smile: I loved Southampton too but I'm very doubtful... My GCSEs were average and though my predicted grades for my BTEC are the highest possible I'm not sure they'll be interested due to the average GCSEs :/. Like you say, it's so competitive! Though I did hear that they weren't looking at any applications until January 15th so that may be why you've not heard anything yet?

I think the course is amazing though so I don't mind going to any of my choices, I'd be thrilled to get a place anywhere. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed now & keep working hard incase I have to reapply next year :smile:

ETA - Oops, just read that your interview was 9th of Feb! Best of luck for it :smile:
Hi guys, I'm also applying to do an OT degree. I've applied at Cov and Northants and have now had interviews at both already. Don't worry, for those of you who have them coming up at these universities, they were great; in fact I realy enjoyed them both. I was told two weeks till I will hear back and that should be this week or early next. Good luck to you all xxx
Reply 24
Well done in your interviews! What did you have to do?? I'm half really nervous, and half excited about them :smile: I got my Brookes interview the other week but it clashed with my coventry so I had to ask for another date and got the 2nd March what seems forever away! I hope they havent given all the places away already!

xEmmalinax - I know! For a start I went in with psychology as my 'science' subject and I dont know if they will be so keen on that subject as biology etc...My predicted grades were ok, but its horrible having to wait! Never been so nervous in my life! I hope Southampton get back soon...my friend had her nursing interview there today. So jealous :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 25
Hey guys,

Have applied to... Oxford Brookes, Liverpool, Southampton , UWE and Bournemouth (but only wanna go to Brookes really! )

Have got interviews for Brookes and Bournemouth... :biggrin:

But am so so scared about them .

Do you think my work experience will be enough -

1 day shadowing a OT in a hospital
1 day working in a disabled childrens school.

I dont think its alot but am having trouble getting more.
Would working in a mainstream pre-school be worth anything?

Please help I am worried!! xx
Hello,
Don't be worried at both the interviews that I went to there was a real mix of people with different ranges of experience; some had lots, some had none. If you dont have much, but they like you, they may offer you a conditional place with the condition that you gain more experience before the start of the degree (over summer for example).
Lots of luck to everyone with your interviews, I hope it goes well for you all :0)
:smile:
Original post by SassBass
Hey guys,

Have applied to... Oxford Brookes, Liverpool, Southampton , UWE and Bournemouth (but only wanna go to Brookes really! )

Have got interviews for Brookes and Bournemouth... :biggrin:

But am so so scared about them .

Do you think my work experience will be enough -

1 day shadowing a OT in a hospital
1 day working in a disabled childrens school.

I dont think its alot but am having trouble getting more.
Would working in a mainstream pre-school be worth anything?

Please help I am worried!! xx

Hey don't worry about the experience thing, they must have liked you enough to give you an interview so you've got a fair shot :smile: some people wont have any experience whatsoever so you're ahead already! Perhaps if they ask just say that you're hoping to arrange another OT visit over the summer. I think most places understand how hard it is to get proper OT experience with the whole CRB/confidentiality stuff that often gets in the way!

If you're able then it might be good to get some experience in a school, just to show you've got general people/caring skills. But it's mainly all down to how you come across in the group interviews and your knowledge of OT!

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 28
Hi Guys,

I have also applied to study OT this year - i have applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Canterbury, Salford & Newcastle.

I have an interview for Newcastle in March and have just received a BQ from UWE, just about to complete the questionnaire and sent it back.

Has anyone been to any interviews yet?
have just received a BQ from UWE, just about to complete the questionnaire and sent it back.

Did you go to the UWE open day?
when I went they really stressed how important the questionnaire was - they say they send it to help filter out the next tier of people after checking personal statements and that it's a huge part of the selection process :eek: if it's the one i'm thinking of?

They said loads of people just rush through it but it's a really important factor.

I'm sure you know that but thought I'd write it anyway incase it helps you or anyone else who gets it!
Reply 30
Original post by chocolate*cookie

Hi guys, I'm also applying to do an OT degree. I've applied at Cov and Northants and have now had interviews at both already. Don't worry, for those of you who have them coming up at these universities, they were great; in fact I realy enjoyed them both. I was told two weeks till I will hear back and that should be this week or early next. Good luck to you all xxx

Heyy how was your coventry interview? I have mine on the 19th of feb eeeek! and one for oxfordbrookes on the 9th! so nervous!
Reply 31
Hey guys thanks for your words of confidence about experience :biggrin:

Just to give an update... got an Unconditional from Liverpool!!

How would anyone rate liverpool for OT?
xx
wow well done! thats great news, was that without an interview? xx
Reply 33

Hey guys thanks for your words of confidence about experience :biggrin:

Just to give an update... got an Unconditional from Liverpool!!

How would anyone rate liverpool for OT?
xx

O wow!!!! thats so good! I havent heard from them yet but fingers crossed :/
Reply 34
I just got an interview for York St. John (my first reply from any uni) on Sat Feb 19th! It's not my first, but it's my insurance, so I'm very happy. Let's just hope all goes well and I get an offer from it. No idea what to expect. Yay!
Reply 35
Hey guys! I just got an offer from Southampton! So happy as it's the only university I applied to! :-D Anyone else heard back from them?? Good luck to everyone with the interviews :-) x x x
whoop whoop, just heard tonight I have an offer from Coventry. Its my first choice and an amazing uni so I am over the moon! Good luck to all of you on your places!
Reply 37

whoop whoop, just heard tonight I have an offer from Coventry. Its my first choice and an amazing uni so I am over the moon! Good luck to all of you on your places!

Thats great news well done I really wanan go there!:biggrin: my interview with them isnt till the 19th of feb...will they have given all their offers by then :/ was the interview nice or not that nice? sorry i ahve no idea what to expect! x
Reply 38
wow well done! thats great news, was that without an interview? xx

Yeah it was without an interview! Which was so surprising.

But compared to Brookes, alot of you guys havent got Liverpool as a choice... why is this?

I am just asking because I havent been up to Liverpool but I think I may prefer to live there...

Anyone know anything bad about Liverpool?! haha xx
Reply 39
Original post by xEmmalinax

Original post by xEmmalinax
Ah, good luck! Mine is on the 22nd of jan, really soon now eek :frown:
Ah thanks, that's really helpful. I'll probably wear something similar too so it doesn't look overly smart but not underdressed :smile:
I've applied to UWE, York, Bournemouth and Southampton as well... it's so nervewracking waiting to hear :redface:
Where have you applied? Which is your favourite? X

Hey, how did your interview with coventry go? have you heard anything back from them yet? i'm well nerbvous about mine now eeek :/

Quick Reply

Latest