The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Looks fine to me, depends on your ambitions, if you are aiming for the "oxbridge" level at university they are "low".

I got ACD in my AS year, which I was quite happy with, although with how badly I did in A2 maths (which I got the D in at AS) it means I'm probably going to have to take a foundation year but oh well it doesn't bother me too much, doing well in that opens more opportunities (could potentially opt for a degree with a year abroad which had an ABB entry requirement).
Reply 2
Considering you GCSEs i would say you underperformed at AS. What kind of percentages did you get? I mean, if you have 95% in biology and psychology then obviously you put a lot of time into those and less into chemistry and maths. It's the maths which is the biggest surpise looking at your results; you've gone from like the highest or second highest grade at GCSE to the third highest grade at AS; I would be pretty annoyed if that happened to me.

If i was in your position i would decide on my A2s then resit to get up to 3 A's in january. Then you need to work really hard to get some decent A level final grades cause to be honest your GCSEs are Oxbridge standard. If you get decent predictions for A2 then you need to aim for the top unis and obviously you then need to make those offers so you need to get it sorted and work harder to get A*s and A's at A2.
Reply 3
THEY ARE FINE. stop fishing for compliments. There was a thread the other day about people's as results and many who had aab offers only got like abb/BBB as as level. shut up, yeah?
Reply 4
orca92
Considering you GCSEs i would say you underperformed at AS. What kind of percentages did you get? I mean, if you have 95% in biology and psychology then obviously you put a lot of time into those and less into chemistry and maths. It's the maths which is the biggest surpise looking at your results; you've gone from like the highest or second highest grade at GCSE to the third highest grade at AS; I would be pretty annoyed if that happened to me.

If i was in your position i would decide on my A2s then resit to get up to 3 A's in january. Then you need to work really hard to get some decent A level final grades cause to be honest your GCSEs are Oxbridge standard. If you get decent predictions for A2 then you need to aim for the top unis and obviously you then need to make those offers so you need to get it sorted and work harder to get A*s and A's at A2.

Yeah that's why I'm annoyed cos I think I've under peformed! Thanks for your helpful advice
I will probz retake to get high.
Well I got high A's for Biology/Psychology.
And my B was rele high for Chem and my C was high for Maths.
Maybe I need to work harder!
xxxxx
Don't be silly, they're good!

You can just resit if you're annoyed, pretty much everyone I know resat something...
Reply 6
They are really good tbh. Just redo maths and you'l b fiiiiiiine dw
They're pretty good :smile:
Reply 8
On the whole they're pretty good. You should try aiming for As in Maths AS though if you're continuing to A2, as it'll only get harder. (Not so much decision maths, but core.)
Reply 9
baby-angel-x
Yeah that's why I'm annoyed cos I think I've under peformed! Thanks for your helpful advice
I will probz retake to get high.
Well I got high A's for Biology/Psychology.
And my B was rele high for Chem and my C was high for Maths.
Maybe I need to work harder!
xxxxx

Yeah if you're near the next grade boundary and you just didn't work hard enough to get into the next grade then it's clear that your problem was not putting the effort in. Lots of people do it; you can cruise through GCSE doing no work, then you need to work at AS. Anyway, i had friends with good GCSEs who came out with like EUUU; they have to resit the year. You seem to just need to work harder and resit the exams that you did badly at.

The only problem you may have is applying to uni with AABC; say you went for Oxbridge, your grades aren't as good as someone with AAAA. Your still very competitive though with your GCSEs and probable high A2 predictions so i doubt your AS's are going to hold you back at all.

Everyone else seems to be comparing you to the average A level student achieving CCCC at AS or something; i don't think they've really realised that we're talking about a 6A*, 6A GCSE student :confused:
Reply 10
baby-angel-x
For Biology i got an A.
For Psychology I got an A
For Maths I got a C
For Chemistry I got a B

I think I did crap.
Is it good.? Some people are saying it's good, but I think its crap.
For my GCSE's I got 6A* and 6A and a C in PE shortcourse.

xx

Oopinionss please
Thanks.

They're fine.

If you worked equally hard on each of the subjects it seems to me that you are better at wrote memorisation than at the applied stuff, this is assuming your module results were of around the same grades and you didn't do badly in a certain exam to bring your grades down. (Biology is mainly memorising stuff but not completely and Chemistry is mainly applied but you obviously need to memorise some stuff)

Are you carrying on with all four?

If so what were your module results?

P.S. you took the exact same AS levels I did :p:
Reply 11
Good results but a bit surprised by Maths. Considering how well you did in biology, psychology, chemistry and your GCSE's I thought for sure you'd get at least a B in maths. But you can always retake though. Unfortunately even with retakes that C is what you'll be applying with to university.

Don't Worry you should still get into decent uni.

Retake the maths though because if you had trouble with c1 -2 then c3-4 will kill you so it's best to pick as much marks as possible in C1-2 to have an easier time at that A
Tbh I think they're good grades lol =)
No one gives a crap what you got in AS today.

You got two As, a B and a C. That's good.
But it doesn't matter as you're obviously a moron if you think that's bad.
Reply 14
Fat-Love
Good results but a bit surprised by Maths. Considering how well you did in biology, psychology, chemistry and your GCSE's I thought for sure you'd get at least a B in maths. But you can always retake though. Unfortunately even with retakes that C is what you'll be applying with to university.

Don't Worry you should still get into decent uni.

Retake the maths though because if you had trouble with c1 -2 then c3-4 will kill you so it's best to pick as much marks as possible in C1-2 to have an easier time at that A

hey thanks for your reply x
I know I hate the C i got in Math ;/
But I am going to drop it lol I cant do 4 A levels can I ?
Do you think Its a good desicion to drop maths?
I wil just dio BIO/CHEM/PSYCHO.....
x
I got BBDE last year, dropped the D subject.

This year i got BCC so i am well pleased. Brought that E up to a C.

Those grades will set you up fantasticly for next year and you wont have to rely as heavily on your A levels. I had to work my ass off for that c and im pleased i did. You dont have that problem. Stop whining!
Reply 16
baby-angel-x
I don't get why so manny posts are being rude...like your all cyber bullying lol.
I'm just thinking I underachieved etc..
x

People on here sometimes try to be too clever but it really just doesn't work. Please ignore them.

You have good AS results in my opinion. I personally think that you don't have to resit if you're not aiming for those Oxbridge universities. Resitting can be hard, considering you will need to study for your A2s as well. Try to concentrate on A2s for now. They are harder than AS so they need most of your attention and concentration.

To tell the truth, it really depends on what you're hoping to do at uni and which uni you're hoping to go to :L
baby-angel-x
For Biology i got an A.
For Psychology I got an A
For Maths I got a C
For Chemistry I got a B

I think I did crap.
Is it good.? Some people are saying it's good, but I think its crap.
For my GCSE's I got 6A* and 6A and a C in PE shortcourse.

xx

Oopinionss please
Thanks.

are you taking the pee?, all your results are really really good, your going to be fine if you keep that up, no doubt, so what if it doesn't cut the cake for somewhere like imperial or whatever, who wants to go somewhere like that anyway? you can't have any form of social enjoyment, you'll just be surrounded by people with 0 personality lol
Reply 18
baby-angel-x
hey thanks for your reply x
I know I hate the C i got in Math ;/
But I am going to drop it lol I cant do 4 A levels can I ?
Do you think Its a good desicion to drop maths?
I wil just dio BIO/CHEM/PSYCHO.....
x

Depends what you want to do in the future. Anything sciency then maths would be useful. Don't worry too much about current grades as universities will look at predicted grades too.

Latest