The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

jordanisirish
Psychology :biggrin: I did the IB so I've known for a while, but still happy :smile:

Yay, hello :biggrin: same
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
missaphrodite
Yay, hello :biggrin: same

I couldn't help but look on your profile and notice that you like Stargate SG1. I think I'm in love. :p:

Congratulations on the offer btw. :smile:

I'm in too, got my A*A*A and am off to Warwick to do Chemistry (MChem) in October. Yay!
Pew-Pew
I couldn't help but look on your profile and notice that you like Stargate SG1. I think I'm in love. :p:

Congratulations on the offer btw. :smile:

I'm in too, got my A*A*A and am off to Warwick to do Chemistry (MChem) in October. Yay!

Haha, SG1 is my guilty pleasure :o:

Congrats on your amazing grades and your place!
If you ever set up a Stargate society...you know who to call...:wink:
Reply 63
missaphrodite
Yay, hello!! :biggrin:

I've realised I was one UMS from getting into my firm :facepalm:
I think I'm going to get a remark, because I'd be happier knowing I got AAB rather than ABB.
I know it's unlikely Birmingham would still accept me because of the lack of places, but if I do get a remark and go up a grade, I'm wondering whether to bother trying or just go to Warwick? I know it's a better uni overall but I don't know anything about the psychology department :confused:

Also, we should make a thread :yep:

Ok i just looked at the subject tables on the Guardian website.... Birmingham's 15th in the UK and Warwick is joint 16th! So pretty close in that respect :smile: Obviously if you think you'd be happier at Birmingham I'd go for a remark, seen as you were soo close!! If not you have an amazing uni to go to anyways (I am so so bias!). We should, you might the the best person to do that, haha.
Jessique14
Ok i just looked at the subject tables on the Guardian website.... Birmingham's 15th in the UK and Warwick is joint 16th! So pretty close in that respect :smile: Obviously if you think you'd be happier at Birmingham I'd go for a remark, seen as you were soo close!! If not you have an amazing uni to go to anyways (I am so so bias!). We should, you might the the best person to do that, haha.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day, but when I applied Birmingham was 10th and Warwick was much further down! Maybe Warwick will overtake at some point :p:
I honestly don't know, I'm going to get down to Warwick asap and see how I feel, and just send the remark anyway. I'm like 90% sure I'll come to Warwick :smile:
Aah, why am I the best person to make the thread?? It wasn't even my firm :o: I vote you!

By the way, any Warwick freshers including psychology students who don't mind adding me on Facebook, I'd really like that so PM me :smile: I'm still feeling pretty scared!
Reply 65
Jessique14

If you look closely at The Guardian league table, the only category that lets Warwick Psychology down is 'satisfaction with feedback', which I imagine is the easiest thing to rectify. They are now starting to tackle the issue so hopefully we will go up next year. :smile:
Katie_louise
If you look closely at The Guardian league table, the only category that lets Warwick Psychology down is 'satisfaction with feedback', which I imagine is the easiest thing to rectify. They are now starting to tackle the issue so hopefully we will go up next year. :smile:

That's interesting, thanks for the pointing that out :smile:
I did notice student satisfaction which is one of the most important things was really high. Obviously league tables aren't everything though!

I feel like I'm hogging the thread a bit :o: , anyone want to make a psychology freshers thread? Or if no one wants to I can do it.
well. I've got in to do Biomedical Chemistry.

Offer was ABB. Got ABB... but 2 marks of an A in Maths. =/

Think I'm going to take a gap year and re-apply. So I probably won't be seeing any of you guys in freshers week. :frown:
Reply 68
MasterJomi
well. I've got in to do Biomedical Chemistry.

Offer was ABB. Got ABB... but 2 marks of an A in Maths. =/

Think I'm going to take a gap year and re-apply. So I probably won't be seeing any of you guys in freshers week. :frown:

I was one mark off an A in maths!
I know how you feel.
Aww reapply?
...but then there wont be that tiny small chance that we could have bumped into eachother and crazily became best friends....

Good luck with it all though!
Reply 69
Nightvision
in at warwick for economics but beat the offer
does anyone know if oxbridge will be on ucas adjustment?

The simple answer is no.
sinesquared.
I was one mark off an A in maths!
I know how you feel.
Aww reapply?
...but then there wont be that tiny small chance that we could have bumped into eachother and crazily became best friends....

Good luck with it all though!

Haha. Possibly, seeing as half my course would be in the same department. :rolleyes:

Are you going to get yours remarked or are you settling with being 1 mark off?
Reply 71
missaphrodite
Haha, SG1 is my guilty pleasure :o:

Congrats on your amazing grades and your place!
If you ever set up a Stargate society...you know who to call...:wink:

Well if you end up going to Warwick... done. :wink:

Oh, and thank you. :smile:
I got in :smile:
Reply 73
I'm in !

Anyone else doing Computer Science ?
Reply 74
Missed my offer for warwick by one grade and they were so mean about it on the phone.
How much more pleading can I possibly do?!
I don't even like my insurance!
Reply 75
MasterJomi
Haha. Possibly, seeing as half my course would be in the same department. :rolleyes:

Are you going to get yours remarked or are you settling with being 1 mark off?

Well I got 80/100 in mechanics and 95/100 in statistics, so getting it remarked i think wont produce the 1 mark i need.

Plus Warwick was my firm, and AAB totally wins over their BBB offer, so not much pont in remarking, though it would be awesome to say "yeh i got 3 A's".

Although saying, " I was 1 mark off an A in maths!" is definately a conversation starter...

Well I shall miss our imaginary lectures together...:frown:
Reply 76
Makaveli_The_Don
I got in :smile:

WELL DONE!

What course?
Excited?
I know I am , haha.
sinesquared.
WELL DONE!

What course?
Excited?
I know I am , haha.

Thank you :smile: I shall be doing Law, and yourself? Congrats to you too.
Reply 78
apeccarino
I'm in @ warwick!!!
French and Italian for me :biggrin:

I did that course last year (switched to just Italian now though) - hope you enjoy it! :smile:
I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I can't believe UCAS didn't send me an update. I waited until Aug 20 to check Track but they had already confirmed on Aug 18. So mad at them for making me wait this long when A-Levels didn't matter!

EPAIS for me. IB 40.
Screaming right now. SCREW YOU AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES.

Latest