The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Course: Biomedical science

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): :smile:

Accommodation choices: ummm cant really remember but my first choice is Jack Martin

Societies/sports: no clue... yet :smile:

Reaction (how you feel now): i just cant wait to be settled in and everything... so much time left.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Hi everyone when is the move in date at warwick?

Is it the 2nd and 3rd then freshers for the following 2 weeks?
Reply 182
binkibonko
Hi everyone when is the move in date at warwick?

Is it the 2nd and 3rd then freshers for the following 2 weeks?

Yes, you are given a date to arrive on that weekend to reduce congestion.
Is it actually worth visiting the Uni before you go? I mean I havn't bothered but will I gain anything from going before freshers?

And you can add me on FB- facebook.com/rowanmcdade
Reply 184
Heh, the BBC - now that's a compulsory rip off. Whereas accommodation in halls isn't compulsory.
Reply 185
Course: Medicinal Chemistry

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*AAC

Accommodation choices: Can't remember. I think my first choice is Tocil.

Societies/sports: My two main hobbies are working out and playing gutiar. Hopefully I'll find some societies along those lines

Reaction (how you feel now): I'd lie if I said I wasn't nervous but it's probably caused by the fact that up until few weeks ago I didn't even know where Warwick is on the map, never mind visited the uni.
Reply 186
Course: MMath

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): Mature Student (so "other" I guess)

Accommodation choices: Rootes, Tocil, ..............

Societies/sports: Ice Hockey :smile:

Reaction (how you feel now): Well I've had my place confirmed for a while, so ecstatic to start out and a little nervous about the course right now!
Mmm Warwick doesn't do catered accomodation, and the prices are fairly reasonable.
Your best bet would be Birmingham Uni students where alot of them are in catered halls which are very expensive, yet anecdotal evidence I have tells me very few actually bother to go to the catered breakfast (for obvious reasons)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 188
Course: MMath

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A*AAABc (inc GS), M, 2 (Step I). FM only 3 UMS off an A* :frown:.

Accommodation choices: JM, Tocil, Cryfield, ...

Societies/sports: Dunno yet.

Reaction (how you feel now): Excited! :biggrin:
FatboyGinger
Is it actually worth visiting the Uni before you go? I mean I havn't bothered but will I gain anything from going before freshers?

And you can add me on FB- facebook.com/rowanmcdade

Yay! Someone from Manchester =] I've been in the maths building twice for lectures about STEP, that's all. Not seen the accomodation or anything of the uni really, and I was driving so couldn't really take it all in when travelling through.
Reply 190
Course: Biochemistry

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): ABB Could have been better, but they exceeded the entry requirements so I'm not complaining

Accommodation choices: First choice was Whitefields and umm... can't remember the rest

Societies/sports: I dont't know yet, I'll decide when I get there

Reaction (how you feel now): Excited, a bit apprehensive, but mostly really excited. I get to buy some new stationary now! Yay!
Reply 191
Just found out that which campus you're put in is chosen at random, doesn't matter what you put as your first or last choice... I better not get assigned to Lakeside, I'll be ****** financially if I do. Had to put it as one of the choices because it was the only campus left that I could apply for. :woo:
tomthecool

And I think Warwick is amazing. If you're prepared to throw yourself in at the deep end and make the most of your experience, that is.
For example, do jailbreak! If you haven't heard of it, look it up - it's amazing :p:

OMG. Warwick does jailbreak? OMG. So excited :biggrin:
Reply 193
piszczel
Just found out that which campus you're put in is chosen at random, doesn't matter what you put as your first or last choice... I better not get assigned to Lakeside, I'll be ****** financially if I do. Had to put it as one of the choices because it was the only campus left that I could apply for. :woo:

It's not random.

It's a preferenced choice.
Reply 194
Who the fack chooses Lakeside :headhurts:
Reply 195
jj193
Who the fack chooses Lakeside :headhurts:

There were no other options left at the time. Every other campus was not for first year people. Some things obviously changed since I applied. If if really is chosen by preference, then I'm not likely to end up there anyway. Wouldn't be happy if I did tho. £30-£40 extra just for a shower in your room is ridicolous.
Reply 196
lottiebubble
OMG. Warwick does jailbreak? OMG. So excited :biggrin:

That was one of the first things I looked for on the societies list, sounds amazing :cool:
Reply 197
Course: Computer Science (G400)

Grades, A levels/IB (optional): A in Maths, B in Computing, B in Physics

Accommodation choices: Can't remember lol - Jack Martin was first I think..

Societies/sports: Computing, Comedy, Table Football, Hommous, Pro Evo and Jailbreak sound fun!

Reaction (how you feel now): A little annoyed to have missed my Southampton offer but the more I think about it the more pleased I am that I'm going to Warwick!

Where ma CompSci's at? :cool:
Matt_1892
That was one of the first things I looked for on the societies list, sounds amazing :cool:

I. Cannot. Wait.
I just looked Jailbreak up, OMG IT LOOKS. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Latest