The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
lottiebubble
Oi oi, I like metal :P

I think my bank account does insurance for an extra £30 or something, so I'll be doing that

foolsihboy
:yeah: . I was looking for one doing the horns, but I couldn't find it, and that's the closest (albeit very camp).

Does that bring it up to three metal lovers now?

Awesome. There's not a lot of us but I guess we're used to it. :p:
I don't really know any metalheads around where I live, I have to go to all the gigs alone :frown: Well, I know one person but he lives miles away. Went to sonisphere festival with him, and it was just awesome, people blasting Maiden, Megadeth, Death etc at full volume and everyone's loving it. I was thinking, ****, this is heaven haha. Staying up till morning hours, listening to metal with a spliff in your hand, now that's life.

Oh and I think you don't need to apply/pay for insurance, it's already paid for if you live on campus.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
foolsihboy
Manage to get out of the maths thread alive, and with your full mind then :p: ?

I don't think I'm getting any, I'm not taking anything that's worth that much tbh, do most people get it? (if the answer's yes, then I might reconsider)

Well a lot of people I've spoken to are taking insurance so I thought I'd take it as well.
At the mo the link from UCAS seems to be the best, £65 ish for comprehensive cover per year I think. I'll probs take that, that's only a couple of pounds per week for some much needed peace of mind.

Beenman500

Yep, santander do that. My only problem with them is the amount they cover the laptop up to is lower than the full value of my laptop, so I don't know whether to go for that.
Reply 382
hi guys.. am an old biosciences student at warwick.. graduated in 09. I have loads of textbooks from years 1-3 which I need to sell. Microbio, immunology, virology, biochem etc etc. if anyones interested give me a PM!
Reply 383
Sliced Bread
Well a lot of people I've spoken to are taking insurance so I thought I'd take it as well.
At the mo the link from UCAS seems to be the best, £65 ish for comprehensive cover per year I think. I'll probs take that, that's only a couple of pounds per week for some much needed peace of mind.

Insurance is included in the rent if you live on campus.

From the accomm. website:
All the halls of residence including the study bedrooms are non-smoking. Heating, Lighting, Water, Power, Insurance and Internet are included in the rent.
Reply 384
My most expensive item that will be left in my room will be my duvet cover (£30). Who's gona nick that?
piszczel
Insurance is included in the rent if you live on campus.

From the accomm. website:

Do you know what insurance that is? I doubt they'd give away contents insurance. That's probably like home insurance or something, sorry my earlier post wasn't very clear.
jj193
My most expensive item that will be left in my room will be my duvet cover (£30). Who's gona nick that?

nick, no, but hurl, pee and spill drinks on, maybe. does insurance even cover stuff like that?
jj193

You never know... :ninja:

Right, I may get some insurance then, laptop/clarinet and whatnot.

You're right, that actually looks pretty damn decent.
Scrap the insurance Idea I suppose. My laptop hardly has any battery life to take it outside anyway, and there's no point in getting conts insurance just for an ipod or whatever.
wow, thats pretty good :biggrin:
Thanks for posting that link :p:

should have read this earlier, I just opened an account with santandrr for the insurance :-P

looks like I'm gonna have to close that and head off to natwest next weekend
Reply 392
pink12
Don't think I put Rootes .. but also put I like being out and staying up late :smile: bring on freshers!! miles away indeedy and I want to know where living !! what course you on?

CAS :smile: (History, Literature and Culture of the Americas) What about you?
So excited for freshers!! I need an ikea trip, pronto, to pick up all my kitchen and bedroom stuff.

That's a point, everyone. What do we get in the kitchens at the halls already?
Reply 393
MaddyGee
CAS :smile: (History, Literature and Culture of the Americas) What about you?
So excited for freshers!! I need an ikea trip, pronto, to pick up all my kitchen and bedroom stuff.

That's a point, everyone. What do we get in the kitchens at the halls already?

Why is it 4 years? (Study abroad?)
Reply 394
Focus08
Why is it 4 years? (Study abroad?)

Yeah, third year in America/SAmerica/Caribbean depending on where you pick :smile:

It's a big bonus of the course, in my opinion.
Reply 395
jj193
Your' music taste is similar to mine, although much bigger. HI FIVEZ!

*High Five* :ahee:

There are a few more bands I like, I couldn't be arsed going through all my CDs etc.

Aw shit, the insurance only covers musical instruments up to £600. Looks like I'm getting more insurance then. :frown:
Reply 396
Pew-Pew
*High Five* :ahee:

There are a few more bands I like, I couldn't be arsed going through all my CDs etc.

Aw shit, the insurance only covers musical instruments up to £600. Looks like I'm getting more insurance then. :frown:

How is it playing a fretless bass?
I'd find it impossible, I'd be out of key all the time. That Guthrie Govan vid where he just effortlessly jams on a fretless guitar makes my jaw drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PyOZhgQnvU
Reply 397
lottiebubble
:ymca:

That is my reply to you.
Why?
Because you need to lighten up, maths bod :p:

Your creativity offends me. :p:
Bulric2
Your creativity offends me. :p:

Maths is all about being creative with what you know (and practice :P). Stop being cruel to those who may or may not deserve it,

Oh My God. That is IMMENSE:yep:

Latest