The Student Room Group

2% off an A?

I took AS RE early (AQA) and got 68/100 (C) for Unit 1: Religion in Contemp. Society and then 90/100 (A) for Unit 2: Religion and Ethics. Am I right in thinking it's 160/200 for an A at AS.. therefore meaning I'm 2%/marks off? And if so, do you think it's worth retaking Unit 1, even though I personally hate the topic? I wasn't expecting such a good result in Unit 2.. but a B is still a fantastic grade..?
xoJessicaAnn
I took AS RE early (AQA) and got 68/100 (C) for Unit 1: Religion in Contemp. Society and then 90/100 (A) for Unit 2: Religion and Ethics. Am I right in thinking it's 160/200 for an A at AS.. therefore meaning I'm 2%/marks off? And if so, do you think it's worth retaking Unit 1, even though I personally hate the topic? I wasn't expecting such a good result in Unit 2.. but a B is still a fantastic grade..?

Level Max Mark A B C D E
GCE AS 200 160 140 120 100 80

i was two marks of an A in RS -- highly frustrating.
Reply 2
Well you haven't taken all units of RE, you've only taken 2 out of 3 units. So if you do well in the third remaining unit you should get an A. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought AS was out of 300? Sorry if I am.

It' pretty obvious you should retake the module. It doesn't mean you have to study again, you just have to revise/cram for it at the retake.

Go and get the A, you know you want to :yep:. With such a high mark in unit 2, I don't think you'll find it hard to bump up the first module higher from a C.
Reply 3
xoJessicaAnn

Don't retake it if you don't think you'll do well in it. No point resitting if you don't like the topic. :yep:

Seems strange to only have 2 units, but I haven't done it. Your calculations are correct though, given there are only 2 units at AS and they are weighted equally.
Reply 4
xoJessicaAnn

Actually, you're only 1% off an A grade. 2/200 = 1/100 = 1%.
Reply 5
Oh yeah? I was a quarter of a percent off an A.

In an A2. :colonhash:

Apparently, my friend did the maths so y'know. :awesome:

Latest