The Student Room Group

should I get a remark?

I got a C in English literature but I was 2 marks off a B. I still got into my firm choice so a B wouldn't change anything but 2 marks off for something like English (which is very subjective) might mean I could get a B. Everyone told me there's no point in a remark as I got into uni but 2 marks off does kinda **** me off
Reply 1
There is no point.
Your degree grade is FAR more important than any A level.

Forget about a minor bit of hurt pride - you are going to Uni!
Original post by annqbellex
I got a C in English literature but I was 2 marks off a B. I still got into my firm choice so a B wouldn't change anything but 2 marks off for something like English (which is very subjective) might mean I could get a B. Everyone told me there's no point in a remark as I got into uni but 2 marks off does kinda **** me off

Yes, there's no real point reviewing your mark if you've got in! Just go celebrate getting into uni! :tongue:

Ultimately some people have to score at the high end of the grade below!
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
There is no point.
Your degree grade is FAR more important than any A level.

Forget about a minor bit of hurt pride - you are going to Uni!

Oh okay thank you! My english teacher said she was a little disappointed (I was too) and that it'd be worth appealing but I don't really see the need for it.
It doesn't sound worth bothering with in my opinion. I'd suggest you forget about it and instead focus on celebrating that you got into your firm. On that note, congratulations! :biggrin:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending