The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The Guardian :smile: Definitely.
Reply 41
The Times was the best until you had to be 18 and pay to read it online :rant:
The Guardian now I would say.
Reply 42
My personal favourite is the guardian (but I hate the observer, alot).

But from what I've heard, the most reliable and unbiased one is the independent. But that's still only based on people's opinions.
Reply 43
My favorite is The Times. It is slightly right leaning but its probably the least bias British paper. However, the Sunday Times is a massive no. As bad if not worse then the Daily Mail.

Other then that, I like the Guardian mainly because I am a bit of a lefty. However, its obvious bias still annoys me. The independent is OK as well, but despite the title it is also left leaning and quite bias.

Basically I recommend 'The Times' and on Sundays 'The Observer'

Avoid the Telegraph (Very obvious right leaning bias with a habit of sensationalising and they also have a history of very poor reporting on defence matters). Its basically a slightly less tabolid version of the Daily Mail.
Reply 44
I read The Times, but it has been going downhill since Murdoch took over. As people have already mentioned, there is more celebrity chat than there used to be and supposedly 'witty' columnists like Giles Coren :sigh:

Overall it's still one of the better newspapers, though.
Am I the only person who likes The Sun? :confused:
The Times
The Financial Times

They're good :smile:
The Times without doubt. The following pretty much sums up the newspapers in the UK:

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country. The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country. The Times is read by people who actually do run the country. The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country. The Financial Times is read by people who own the country. The Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country. The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is. The Independent is read by people who know the government runs the country, and The Sun is read by people who don't care who runs the country so long as they have big tits.
Reply 48
(:Becca(:
Am I the only person who likes The Sun? :confused:

Well, umm, the football pull-out is good :smile:

NothingCrushesUs
The Times without doubt. The following pretty much sums up the newspapers in the UK:

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country. The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country. The Times is read by people who actually do run the country. The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country. The Financial Times is read by people who own the country. The Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country. The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is. The Independent is read by people who know the government runs the country, and The Sun is read by people who don't care who runs the country so long as they have big tits.

Missed out The Daily Sport there, Chief :hmmm:
The Daily Mash.
I always choose the Guardian, though occasionally its writers are rather... deluded as to the real world.
The Times. Absolutely love it; the business section is just right, there is always interesting opinion/comment articles, and they have amazing infographics - I adore those.
loafer
guardian is the left-wing version of the daily mail

The Times is unbeatable, it is worth the subscription price.

The Guardian is not the left wing version of the Daily Mail. Only a mug of the highest order would say something dumb like that. Yes, it obviously has a left of centre stance but the Guardian is still a high calibre newspaper which features quality journalism and editorials and holds and intl reputation for a reason. The Daily Mails is comprised of right wing scare mongering and tabloidisms
Reply 53
js374
Take your bias of choice...
The Telegraph - Conservative bias
The Guardian - Labour bias
The Independent - Lib Dem/Green bias
The Times - Murdoch bias
Financial Times - Generally unbiased(ish) but very business centric
Personally I read the Telegraph and the Guardian so get both sides of the spectrum.

My recommendation for you:

You will learn more about the UK from Private Eye than all those newspapers put together!

I love the Private Eye even if I dont always agree with it. Its like South Park in so far as it will insult everyone unperturbed about any legal consequences and without having favourites.
Reply 54
Financial Times
Financial Times
Financial Times
Financial Times,

and for a relaxing, pot-of-tea, sunday-morning newspaper, it has to be The Telegraph.
Reply 55
Guardian. Website is brilliant.
Daily- Telegraph
Sunday- Times

The guarian is just for middle class, sandal wearing retards who enjoy muesli for breakfast.
Another vote for Private Eye :yy:
The telegraph and the times.......
THE TIMES.....NOTHING CAN BEAT IT....:sogood:

Latest

Trending

Trending