The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jeremy_Whiskers
I hope this is a troll or that's really worrying.

Why is that really worrying?
Some people these days, get worried over nothing...I swear...
I don't know if this is relevant but I was in Croydon the other night and saw a lot of those Chinese lanterns flying around (being released one at a time from somewhere). Could one of these become engulfed in its own flames and then fallen to Earth? Being so light, the movement would have looked odd in the wind
Reply 62
I didn't see a fireball, but I did see this thread crash and burn.
Reply 63
Sovr'gnChancellor£
.....LAST NIGHT (EARLY EVENING) 5/6 O'CLOCK, THURSDAY 26TH AUGUST?????:eek: :eek:

It was somewhere around the Croydon/Norwood area.

At first it looked like a crashing small plane, but then a closer look revealed it to be similar to a meteorite or some object from space - which must have been much larger before of course burning into smaller object after hitting our atmosphere.

It left a long smoke trail in the sky which quickly vanished due to the poor weather and rainy clouds - thus, one would have had to be attentive and alert.

(At one point, it looked like a missile, but we quickly ruled that out because its flight pattern was erratic.)

So, did anybody happen to see it???:confused: :confused:

I don't think it was an alien aircraft because space agencies and Earth defences would have already intercepted it - but how come nobody seems to have said anything about it??

Surely, national space agencies should have been aware, yet the media is silent on the matter.

Or worse, could it have been some secret military test gone wrong??

I am no conspiracy theorist, but I am curious as to what occurred.:yep:

So, once again who saw this and do you have any information (real information, that is)??:confused:

Um...

It's right there in you sig :teehee:
Reply 64
Kevin J
I didn't see a fireball, but I did see this thread crash and burn.

Sovr'gnChancellor£
Ah, a funny one...

No, I was not under the influence of narcotics, or tobacco or alcoholic beverages for that matter...

Were you even in South London at the time, hm??

(Also, three others and I witnessed this peculiar and unreported phenomenon, so I cannot have been dishonest.):yep:

Cannabis isn't a narcotic, bean.
Reply 66
Kal El has arrived.
Reply 67
It was most likely a bullet.
Chinese Lantern.
Did it probe you?
Reply 70
Probably something to do with the muslims.
Reply 71
Ball lightning?

I have no idea what it looks like but thought I'd throw it out there :p:
Reply 72
SamCrossMan
It Was Teh Illuminati. Run For Your Lifes!!!11!!!111

I heard it was the Space Knights Templar . . . :woo:
Bslforever
I saw it.

But then Will Smith came at me with one of those flashy mind wipe thingies and i had to run.

Ah, rib-crackingly hilarious...:dry:
Sovr'gnChancellor£
Ah, rib-crackingly hilarious...:dry:

It was Brainiac as he broke the soundbarrier while flying into earths' lower atmosphere, he is now ready to challenge Kal El
Reply 75
This thread is subjectively important... :stupid:
TwilightKnight
I saw something similiar a few weeks ago in Manchester. It definitely wasn't a meteorite (or at least, it was VERY atypical) as I observe them a lot. At first it was streaking across the sky fairly typically, then it changed direction slightly, bobbing about almost.

Now, here's the weird part. It then went UP (i.e, away from the Earth), which would only be possible if we're talking huge meteorite in the mesosphere, and then we're talking near miss. But it definitely wasn't that. It was observably getting smaller within seconds/minutes.

It was one of the most bizarre things me and my family have seen.

Hm...

Interesting...

I wonder how many things enter our atmosphere by the second...., space agencies can actually track.....

And I wonder how many of them space agencies actually track and are aware of....

:holmes:
It was probably your sanity departing.
Kaykiie
Um...

It's right there in you sig :teehee:

Again...

The Sig is not the original superman logo, but a stylized version in relation to my screen name....:colonhash:
THAT. IS. IT!!!!:mad: :mad:

Some very funny and hilarious comments.

However, some of you went too far and too ridiculous and insulted me!!
:rant:

Some even negged me - those damn grumps!!

Why, on Earth would you neg me when I did nothing to you!!!
:stomp: :stomp:

Why????

What's the matter - can't take a simple joke??

(BTW, this was no joke - I saw what I saw!)

The few sensible of us have established that it was most probably a meteorite or maybe even Chinese lantern:rolleyes: .

But some of you with your smart-a** comments!!!

OH, if I had a light-saber....

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Latest

Trending

Trending