The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Heyyy!!! Just for those of you that are scared you have forgotten everything... I have just done first year and had previously had a gap year and felt the same way, but don't worry! They recap quite a lot, especially in first term and some of it I hadn't done before, but this was fine too! As everyone has done different sylabuses etc... they expect everyone to not know some of it and so go over it all well. Any questions let me know :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
EmmaG1234
Heyyy!!! Just for those of you that are scared you have forgotten everything... I have just done first year and had previously had a gap year and felt the same way, but don't worry! They recap quite a lot, especially in first term and some of it I hadn't done before, but this was fine too! As everyone has done different sylabuses etc... they expect everyone to not know some of it and so go over it all well. Any questions let me know :smile:

How did the year go, was/were the course/lecturers good? I am looking forward to it after a year of doing nothing aswell :yep:
Reply 22
yes it was good, i know it is changing a bit this year (for all years) due to the merge with HRI. We had about 10 hours a week lectures ish plus labs one day and a tutorial.
We had a couple of big modules which cover loads of stuff.. generally was good though :smile:
a year of nothing? got to make the most of gap years!
EmmaG1234
yes it was good, i know it is changing a bit this year (for all years) due to the merge with HRI. We had about 10 hours a week lectures ish plus labs one day and a tutorial.
We had a couple of big modules which cover loads of stuff.. generally was good though :smile:
a year of nothing? got to make the most of gap years!

Sounds good, how was the workload, year round and at exams? Doing nothing is a slight exaggeration, I did care work for 6 months, and then went travelling for 6 with the money. I really meant nothing as in study wise :biggrin:
EmmaG1234

You may be able to help me : I logged onto the my.warwick thing-y and it had a timetable on there. With lots of clashes and stuff going on at the same time. I realise this'll get resolved when I pick my modules. But, when and how do I pick modules. I'd rather do it once I'm there with the guidance of a tutor.
Reply 25
Hello guys, this may be the wrong thread but, I want to apply for Biomed in Warwick in 2010, but I'm not sure if I stand a chance?

I already have ABBBde
maths, chem, bio, phy, further maths, gen studies

having a gap year atm, gonna start volunteering at a care home tomorrow, and a hospital soon.

it's just my dad's friend saying I don't stand a chance, so I got a bit worried =/
thanks guys
Zyanide
Hello guys, this may be the wrong thread but, I want to apply for Biomed in Warwick in 2010, but I'm not sure if I stand a chance?

I already have ABBBde
maths, chem, bio, phy, further maths, gen studies

having a gap year atm, gonna start volunteering at a care home tomorrow, and a hospital soon.

it's just my dad's friend saying I don't stand a chance, so I got a bit worried =/
thanks guys

I would say with a solid PS statement you stand a fairly good chance, definitely worth an application :yep:
I'm going to study biomedical science at Warwick as well after taking a gap year :smile:

Latest