The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I got a D for my ICT AS, and managed to bring it up to a C for A2 - I'd just work really hard in the next year if I were you. :smile:

Pulling up a grade is possible!
Reply 2
i was in a similar situation last year i got CCCC last yaer and needed ABB, just get your teacher to predict you AAA which she will be happy to do with those as's. you relly dont need to resit them unless you are sure you can get an average A's in your A2 modules, but just to make sure you get your AAA you might aswell resit in jan i resat 7 exams in jjan and 13 in june and got my grades, so the retakes might pay off ....
Reply 3
if ur gonna do resits I'd ask your teachers if the particular modules are easier to sit in Jan or June. IE, some modules may be easier to sit having studied them at A2 level first in which case u should sit them in June.
I got ABBCC at AS level. I got an offer from London School of Economics to take Actuarial Science at grades AAA, and my predicted grades were AAB. I ended up ****ing around for yet another year, getting ABC and going to Surrey.

Anything is possible, but everything happens for a reason.
charlotte-rose
I got ABBCC at AS level. I got an offer from London School of Economics to take Actuarial Science at grades AAA, and my predicted grades were AAB. I ended up ****ing around for yet another year, getting ABC and going to Surrey.

Anything is possible, but everything happens for a reason.

Waowww how did you get an offer from LSE??? your ps must've been amazingggg. I'm nervous applying with my grades
Reply 6
AABB is good. You can easily pull up one of your B grades to an A to give you 3 As. You don't even need to do retakes to do that. So long as your teacher is happy to predict you an A (and you will actually work hard to achieve that grade) then you have a decent chance of getting an offer from an AAA uni course. Just make sure you've got a decent personal statement.
Reply 7
AABB is a really good result! You should be fine, just work hard!
Anita B. Studin
Waowww how did you get an offer from LSE??? your ps must've been amazingggg. I'm nervous applying with my grades

My personal statement was honest, best way to be :smile:

Latest