The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not taking pots or pans, maybe a couple of plates and some cutlery... but we're catered right!? At least, we better be!!!

I guess if you wanna cook then you can, although i've no idea of the cooking facilities.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
rikstaa
I'm not taking pots or pans, maybe a couple of plates and some cutlery... but we're catered right!? At least, we better be!!!

I guess if you wanna cook then you can, although i've no idea of the cooking facilities.

I'm taking one pan, a small chopping board and a sharp knife (for heating up soup or cooking pasta, or making sarnies..). Apart from that, just things like plates and cutlery.
Reply 3
I'm going to bring a small saucepan for noodles, a plate/bowl and selected cutlery.
Reply 4
well i've bought a small saucepan and frying pan. i'll bring plate and a bowl and some cutlery. but i'm not gonna use them i can't cook!
i'll just be getting takeaways.
it's only saturday and sunday night you have to cook yourself food. just stuff yourself with food lunchtime so u won't get hungry or even better sneak down to the kitchen and nick some of their food (can't be that hard)
Reply 5
Is anyone taking an iron or a kettle? I don't think we get irons provided, but surely the kitchens have kettles in.... at least, I hope they do...
Reply 6
yeah i'm taken an iron. i'm not sure about the kettle though, one of my friends is bringing one. u could always heat the water in a saucepan.
have u seen pictures of the kitchen? lol!
Reply 7
Yeh I'm taking both of those, only coz they were bought as prezzies tho :biggrin:

I haven't seen pics of anything!! They pretty bad?!
Reply 8
Ye it's terrible they hardly give us any advice on what to bring. I'm hoping that since it's catered everything will be provided but I'm not sure. I wasn't planning on cooking much either. Just eating loads of sandwiches :biggrin:

Also I'm sure one person in the group will bring a kettle and stuff like that. If not everyone can chip in for a new one.
Reply 9
i m getting an iron, no kettle... not lugging it all the way from malaysia. i'm bringing a knife, no chopping board lolz n a bowl, 2 plates n a spoon n fork. a rice cooker too lolz. i m moving to self catering actually but the places were full, so i m going to apply 4 transfer asap.
Reply 10
I'm bringing a few bits of cutlery, possibly a frying pan. Plate, bowl/

Also a few mugs and glasses for drinks. + coffee.

I'm not sure what to do with milk, do we just buy some and put it in the fridge in the kitchen? and put our name on it. or do we share milk and take turns to buy it. :confused:
Reply 11
We'll have all this to argue about in less than a week!

I haven't seen pictures of the kitchen - as far as I know, we have to bring EVERYTHING. There's a microwave - no mention of a kettle, really hope there's one per kitchen as according to the handbook, we're not allowed to have kettles in our rooms! (They eat too much power). Does the same go for irons?

I have two: large/med/small plates/bowls, tupperware boxes, wine glasses, teatowels.
I have one: bottle opening/corkscrew item, biccie tin, wooden spoon, breadknife, large fruit/serving bowl, pan.
I have four mugs.
I need: a tin opener, a cheese grater, water glasses, frying pan, sets of cutlery.

Let's make a foodlist too!
#1 = jam
Reply 12
Lemons, Limes, Maraschino cherries, Tonic, Lemonade, Eggs, Salt, ...
Piffle! i'm havin an iron and a kettle and a fridge in my room! They cant stop me! Yeah i'm bringing all of the above thats listed, becuase were gunna need it next year even if we dont need it now!
Reply 14
Shelbycakes
Piffle! i'm havin an iron and a kettle and a fridge in my room! They cant stop me!

yeh, but you might blow the fuse, that'll stop you :biggrin:
Reply 15
so when we get there on saturday are they gonna make us a meal to settle in (hoping)
Reply 16
That's what I read... it's at 5pm, meaning i'll miss it..! *sob*
I have spare fuses! and i probs wont use the kettle and the iron much, jjust the fridge!
Reply 18
I wonder how much stuff gets nicked from a fridge
Reply 19
Jamie23
I wonder how much stuff gets nicked from a fridge

i'd expect alot of stuff will disappear when people come back from a night out.

Latest

Trending

Trending