The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Contract exam was piss easy, timing though was ****. If I do badly, it's because of the timing.

That's good news, then, at least in terms of its being piss easy.

I'm sort of shocked at the people here who have multiple-choice exams. WTF dude?!
Original post by jjarvis

I'm sort of shocked at the people here who have multiple-choice exams. WTF dude?!

It's a "class test", only makes up... 20% of our grade I think? Because it's a full-year module instead of a half-year one, they for some reason decided that having a multiple choice test to fill up time would be a good idea.
Reply 582
I got my lpc mock back the other day and I performed remarkably crap in it :sad:

Need to fix up big time.
Reply 583
Original post by missimpossible
It's a "class test", only makes up... 20% of our grade I think? Because it's a full-year module instead of a half-year one, they for some reason decided that having a multiple choice test to fill up time would be a good idea.

Ugh, that's tiresome. We just have our exams in one brutal go in late May/June--all essays and problems, no coursework. Not looking forward to Easter term...
Criminal on Tuesday - last exam. At this rate, I need to memorise 25 cases (names, facts and principles) a day.

Original post by jjarvis

Yeah but I think I've done badly. Handwriting wasn't good and the clock (due to which the timing issue arised) moved forward 1 minute for every 5 minutes in reality.

Ugh, that's tiresome. We just have our exams in one brutal go in late May/June--all essays and problems, no coursework. Not looking forward to Easter term...

That sounds horrendous.

Original post by G8D
****ing criminal exam tomorrow :angry:

Good luck.
[scrollr]:facepalm2:[/scrollr]
Reply 586
Good luck guys, I got two exams at the end of the week.

:yy:
Final exam tomorrow. Have memorised 100 criminal cases (names, facts and legal principles) and will look through Sexual Offences statutes in an hour or so. Hope it is going well for you guys.
Original post by jjarvis

You're clever enough I'd say.

Good luck!

I smile when I see your presence in the Law forum, as your posts are always helpful.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
Good luck man, that's well impressive :top:

In criminal, I got caught out with the wee scheidty crimes that you would find in the district court. Recklessly endangering the lieges broke my heart :angry:

First and Last exam tomorrow (what with the postponement of IPL). It's labour law. Have a good grasp on just about every area of the subject, but no, nil, nada authority apart from those that have stuck without effort. Decided to take a different approach and now I'm getting the authority learned. It's mostly statutes, but my statute book still isn't here. But that's a minor flaw. I'll get there. I've had a completely different approach to this whole subject (mainly hasty and under-prepared), but it has worked so far...

There are some ones that I can trip over though. Thomson V HMA, Thomson v HMA, Harris v HMA, HMA v Harris. :shifty:

Good luck. :jive: I hope it works out well for the exam tomorrow. Ah well, just pick and choose the authorities and hope for the best. :ninja: I learnt 40 or so for Contract and used ... 8. :nothing:

Statutes, I don't know about you, are a pain in the arse to learn. I'd rather learn case names and principles than sections and provisions. :tongue:
Original post by G8D
Contract was abysmal. My fault for not studying enough :doh:

One more exam (apparently easy multi choice).

You reckon, at a guess, you passed? The concept of a post-summer resit sounds abysmal, to be honest.

Original post by tehforum

Good luck!

I smile when I see your presence in the Law forum, as your posts are always helpful.

:ditto:

Jarvis ain't bad when it comes down to the dirt and grit of Law. :sexface:
In two years time, I'll be trolling this thread... oh wait....
Reply 592
Original post by tehforum

Good luck!

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Jarvis ain't bad when it comes down to the dirt and grit of Law. :sexface:

Thanks very much! That's very kind of you both.
Reckon I scraped an A, not sure.

Hope it went okay for everyone that was sitting one today. :moon:

Original post by G8D
Did DKgig just neg me again :awesome:?

Guy can't keep his hand off the neg button. :hmmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 594
Eek advocacy exam tomorrow. So unprepared :s-smilie:
Reply 595
I think i'm in love with Treitel. Lifesaver.
Reply 596
Original post by Lell
Eek advocacy exam tomorrow. So unprepared :s-smilie:

Good luck, mine is on Friday and I got Sol accounts on Thursday, but I have been in bed for the past few days due to a fever, so I'm trying to do what I can until I start feeling light headed.

I suck at sol accounts and now I am hearing that there will be negative marking for this exam.
Has anyone been to an interview with a big law firm for a placement? I've got one tomorrow (well, today now!) and have had a bit of a think about common interview questions, but would be nice to have some first-hand experiences!
Reply 598
Original post by Guvnor
Good luck, mine is on Friday and I got Sol accounts on Thursday, but I have been in bed for the past few days due to a fever, so I'm trying to do what I can until I start feeling light headed.

I suck at sol accounts and now I am hearing that there will be negative marking for this exam.

Eek. Good luck. Had mine this morning, it was OK, if a tad nerve-wracking!

Our sol acc. exam got postponed-the weather meant there wasn't enough time between the last workshop (which was itself delayed by about two weeks) and the exam, so Yorkies have it in February instead. Oh joy. Hadn't heard about -ve marking though.

Sooo close to the end of term now, cannot wait :smile:
Wish they would publish next semesters reading lists. :colonhash:

Original post by sparklysparkles
Has anyone been to an interview with a big law firm for a placement? I've got one tomorrow (well, today now!) and have had a bit of a think about common interview questions, but would be nice to have some first-hand experiences!

It's probably too late now anyway. Good luck with your interview. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending