The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got my PIL essay back. It's worth 50% of the final grade and it puts me in a really good position for friday's exam. :yeah:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Just sat there and watched the whole video, unable to tear my eyes away. :awesome:

Gotta love the girl in the snail costume... :teehee:
Reply 1382
I'm waiting to see the video of R v Collins.
Original post by Clip
I'm waiting to see the video of R v Collins.

Prizes for the people who get the most innuendo in there.

<Insert joke about "effective and substantial entry".> :p:

If only lectures were taught in this way.loool
I don't understand why they were filming in the beach. Was this really MTV?
I feel physically sick, did not have any sleep last night and have an exam in roughly 25 minutes. This isn't going to go well. :sad:
I feel physically sick, did not have any sleep last night and have an exam in roughly 25 minutes. This isn't going to go well. :sad:

:hugs: Good luck

My first exam is tomorrow, friday the 13th. :afraid:
Does anyone know how to get rid of "notes" or "annotations" from westlaw? I need to print out a statute but can't seem to get rid of the"notes" or annotations"? I need it clean
Original post by sleekchic
:hugs: Good luck

My first exam is tomorrow, friday the 13th. :afraid:

Thank you. I think it went okay. :sad:

Good luck with yours. :smile:

:moon:

Original post by The_Male_Melons
Does anyone know how to get rid of "notes" or "annotations" from westlaw? I need to print out a statute but can't seem to get rid of the"notes" or annotations"? I need it clean

Save > unstick the 'Annotations' box under Output Options?
Reply 1389
Eek LPC results in three minutes!

Save > unstick the 'Annotations' box under Output Options?

I done that. It doesn't work. It comes up an introduction or sommat. It doesn't have what I need.

I went on legislation.gov and it has big black writing :frown:
That's it, my dissertation is finally gone. Printed, bound, handed in.

I feel a bit lost now.
Reply 1392
Have a Land Law exam tomorrow.

Dreading it, doesn't seem like anything is seeping in.
Tort Privacy Question directed at anyone
The West Wing
tort question

In a problem question do you just apply the Campbell privacy test or do you still need to refer to Breach of Confidence/Coco v AN Clark?

I know Breach of confidence is still good law and in (Campbell?) it was said that it was now about misuse of private information meaning that it's still relevant but only applies to confidential matters but do you apply it if it's relevant or do you only apply the relevant Campbell test?
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
I only used Campbell (and Mosely and Murray v BPL), didn't refer to Coco.

My problem question was on similar facts to those cases though.

Yeah I guessed it might depend on the facts of the case. Thanks

I really need more exam practice. I keep running out of time.
Reply 1395
Trusts law will be the death of my degree.... *cries*

I am currently on formalities - it is an absolute nightmare! :frown:
Original post by eve_22
Trusts law will be the death of my degree.... *cries*

I am currently on formalities - it is an absolute nightmare! :frown:

Ditto.

I have now spent what feels like a year reading about charities. They're definitely on the exam so at least it's useful revision, I'm really struggling to get to grips with some stuff and know I'll probably never answer a question on it. Really feels like I'm learning a lot of this for the first time and my exam is in a week. Oh dear. :frown:
Reply 1397
Original post by LostInLaw
Ditto.

I have now spent what feels like a year reading about charities. They're definitely on the exam so at least it's useful revision, I'm really struggling to get to grips with some stuff and know I'll probably never answer a question on it. Really feels like I'm learning a lot of this for the first time and my exam is in a week. Oh dear. :frown:

I really feel for you, LostInLaw! :frown: I am sure you know more than you think though.

I am only on my third topic in Trusts and, whilst I thought the three certainties were OK, I did not understand unincorporated associations or formalities.... It is a nightmare.

May I suggest Alastair Hudson's podcasts though? It has helped a lot. http://www.alastairhudson.com/podcasts/E&T%20Mixed%20Podcasts/Hudson-Equity&Trusts-PodcastsList.htm
Just about finished Tort (finally!) and have still got Constitutional and Roman to go.

Days until first exam: 14.

:colonhash:
Anyone had a look at Supreme Court live yet?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Supreme-Court

Latest

Trending

Trending