The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Celtic_Anthony
From my 4 exams in 5 days, it turns out my results are in the same order as the exams were scheduled! Definitely a fair reflection :laugh:

Comm. Banking- B1 (2.i)
EU law - B2 (2.i)
Intellectual Property - B3 (2.i)
Commercial law - C1 (2.ii)

So it looks like my Diploma access is pretty safe and I'm smack bang in the middle of a 2.i for my Honours. Success.

Awesome, congrats :biggrin:
So, a bit of advice- I'm due to start my law degree in Sept have just started to look at the course books which were on the year one reading list, last year. I now have to say, I'm terrified. This will be my first experience of studying law and my English (grammar and vocabulary) is at a relatively good standard, but it seems like a completely different language. How did you guys feel?
Original post by blackchilliman
So, a bit of advice- I'm due to start my law degree in Sept have just started to look at the course books which were on the year one reading list, last year. I now have to say, I'm terrified. This will be my first experience of studying law and my English (grammar and vocabulary) is at a relatively good standard, but it seems like a completely different language. How did you guys feel?

Equally terrified. All the time before I started, I kept wondering whether I'd made the right choice since I'd never studied law before and when I looked at the law books, it did seem really different. Starting the law degree was better because most people were in the same position and you do pick it up quickly :smile:
Original post by blackchilliman

I feel that I won't be looking at any textbooks before I start
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
From my 4 exams in 5 days, it turns out my results are in the same order as the exams were scheduled! Definitely a fair reflection :laugh:

Comm. Banking- B1 (2.i)
EU law - B2 (2.i)
Intellectual Property - B3 (2.i)
Commercial law - C1 (2.ii)

So it looks like my Diploma access is pretty safe and I'm smack bang in the middle of a 2.i for my Honours. Success.

WELL DONE :smile:

To say I am dreading my results is an understatement. I feel like I done so bad.
Original post by gethsemane342
Equally terrified. All the time before I started, I kept wondering whether I'd made the right choice since I'd never studied law before and when I looked at the law books, it did seem really different. Starting the law degree was better because most people were in the same position and you do pick it up quickly :smile:

Thanks a lot- Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I was wondering whether I'd bitten more off than I could chew! :-D
So is anyone keeping any of their current law books and only selling some? Or selling all of them? Contemplating keeping Lloyd's Introduction (hah!) to Jurisprudence.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So is anyone keeping any of their current law books and only selling some? Or selling all of them? Contemplating keeping Lloyd's Introduction (hah!) to Jurisprudence.

I need to sell mine.
Original post by G8D
Oh, passed first year btw.

Well done. My results are in a week in a bit. To say I am absolutely dreading it- is an understatement
Student in the other thread has the option to study Cyberspace Law. :K: Sounds fantastic.
Original post by G8D
Oh, passed first year btw.

What grade did u get, if u don't mind me asking?

Also, congrats to Celtic_Anthony, 4 exams in 5 days and u managed a 2:1, impressive!

I am absolutely dreading mines, think I might have scraped a pass. Getting very depressed over it.
I can't stop thinking about my results and it's pretty much preventing me from filling in these TC apps.

Oh well, a week and a half to go.
Hi, what is preparing for law exams actually like?

I keep imagining someone sitting down with five textbooks and a whole load of cases trying to remember everything...

I suspect it would be hard to quantify - but what did you do in order to achieve a 2:1, for instance? (for one module)

ty for any replies
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what edition do you have and how much did it cost you?

Thinking of getting a copy. It's just too big and awkward to photocopy properly :colondollar:
I am so happy :biggrin: I found out I have a 2:1 degree, yesterday! :smile: In my individual modules this year I got two firsts and two 2:1s, so I am really chuffed :biggrin: Now I am just trying to decide whether to go on and do the LPC or not. I have actually got my place (I deferred it to 2012) but it is a matter of saving the money and whether I'll get a training contract at the end :s-smilie: But I have a year to think about it :yes:
Got my first year results and was a 2:2, have to say, the window looks very tempting at this point in time.
Original post by Still_Water
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what edition do you have and how much did it cost you?

Thinking of getting a copy. It's just too big and awkward to photocopy properly :colondollar:

Hey it was this one, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0421907908/ref=oss_product

Sweet & Maxwell; 8th edition edition (23 Oct 2008) at £32.69. I think it has come down in price since I bought it.

I agree. But then so is any 1600 page paperback. :tongue:

Another really good book in terms of accessibility is Jurisprudence, Riddall - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0406900108/ref=oss_product but then that doesn't have the extracts like Lloyds does.
Reply 1597
Original post by -Invidious-
Got my first year results and was a 2:2, have to say, the window looks very tempting at this point in time.

Out of the window? Ask yourself: Did you attend lectures and seminars? Did you read the textbooks to enhance your knowledge and journals? Did you remember key-cases? If an answer is NO to a predominant amount; then I'm sure you can smash a 2:1 next year! :smile:

Which Law school are you at btw?
Original post by Amit92
Out of the window? Ask yourself: Did you attend lectures and seminars? Did you read the textbooks to enhance your knowledge and journals? Did you remember key-cases? If an answer is NO to a predominant amount; then I'm sure you can smash a 2:1 next year! :smile:

Which Law school are you at btw?

Have to admit, I crammed my notes about 24 hours before each exam and I did all nighter's for all of them. Next years going to be different though.

EDIT - I can pm you my law school if you want.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1599
Hh
Original post by -Invidious-
Have to admit, I crammed my notes about 24 hours before each exam and I did all nighter's for all of them. Next years going to be different though.

EDIT - I can pm you my law school if you want.

Just focus on working hard next year and starting revision early! I made the mistake of partying too much this first year and only attend like 10percent of lectures and not even buying nextbooks, but relying on blackboard notes and nutshells! I'm waiting for results! I regret it now, night try redo first year :/

Latest

Trending

Trending