The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matthew769
Hi can somebody give me some advice here, on the website it says "GCSEs in nine subjects at a minimum of grade C: attained by the end of Year 11 and at least a score of 15 points or better (where A*/A = 2; B = 1) from the nine and including: Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry, and Physics),
I did GCSE Double Award Science, is this acceptable?

Yes. It would take up two of the nine they look at.
Original post by planetconwy1
Yes. It would take up two of the nine they look at.

Thanking you! 18 points, may well apply here! haha
Thanking you! 18 points, may well apply here! haha

I swear like 90% of the interviews this year went to people with 17 or 18 GCSE points.

I had 17 and I was interviewed in march which was the last month they interviewed!
I swear like 90% of the interviews this year went to people with 17 or 18 GCSE points.

I had 17 and I was interviewed in march which was the last month they interviewed!

How did you get on? :smile:
How did you get on? :smile:

The interview was terrifying I'm not going to lie. haha

I did end up getting an offer which I met on thursday :smile:

So I'm going next month.
The interview was terrifying I'm not going to lie. haha

I did end up getting an offer which I met on thursday :smile:

So I'm going next month.

Haha I'd be terrified too! But congratulations :smile: best of luck with your studies :biggrin:
Haha I'd be terrified too! But congratulations :smile: best of luck with your studies :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:

Good Luck with your application, give me a PM if you have any questions about Applying. :smile:
Reply 2327

Thank you! :biggrin:

Good Luck with your application, give me a PM if you have any questions about Applying. :smile:

Hey, you were alright to be confident :smile: congrats for getting in..... and i'm joining you :biggrin:DDD (and OMG i've seen a stethoscope in bubble gum pink :biggrin:DD )
Original post by tia.may
Hey, you were alright to be confident :smile: congrats for getting in..... and i'm joining you :biggrin:DDD (and OMG i've seen a stethoscope in bubble gum pink :biggrin:DD )

Hey, thanks :smile:, congrats to you too :biggrin:
Haha wow! Is it the Littman Classic SE II? Thats the one I will be getting in blue i think :cool: .
I can't wait to buy my Medics Hoodie! :biggrin:
Reply 2329
Hey, thanks :smile:, congrats to you too :biggrin:
Haha wow! Is it the Littman Classic SE II? Thats the one I will be getting in blue i think :cool: .
I can't wait to buy my Medics Hoodie! :biggrin:

OF COURSE :biggrin:D Apparently you'd look like a complete tool if you had anything else!! OMG HOODIESS!! I think that will be my second necessary purchase :biggrin: Roll on the 20th of September :smile:))))
Original post by daf1
Hi
I am new to this thread and thinking of applying to Liverpool but worried with As results.
In short my academics are 8A*, 3As at GCSE and at AS, Biol A (97%), Chem A (94%), Maths A (85%), History C (69%) and Crit Thinking B (74%).
Problem is if they are rigid on AAAb offer as I dont think Crit Thinking is allowed as a fourth subject?
Does anyone have any comments/advice please?

Firstly well done on amazing results. I'd suggest to re-take a unit from one of your history exams to get it up to a 'B' and make sure they predict you that. You're 1% off, after all, or think about a re-mark... essays are subjective. I dont think critical thinkinf wuld be accepted but your safest bet is to ask them. Good luck and message me any qs.

Hi can somebody give me some advice here, on the website it says "GCSEs in nine subjects at a minimum of grade C: attained by the end of Year 11 and at least a score of 15 points or better (where A*/A = 2; B = 1) from the nine and including: Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry, and Physics),
I did GCSE Double Award Science, is this acceptable?

That's what I had! It's the same as "Core" and "Additional".
Reply 2331
Original post by daf1
Hi
I am new to this thread and thinking of applying to Liverpool but worried with As results.
In short my academics are 8A*, 3As at GCSE and at AS, Biol A (97%), Chem A (94%), Maths A (85%), History C (69%) and Crit Thinking B (74%).
Problem is if they are rigid on AAAb offer as I dont think Crit Thinking is allowed as a fourth subject?
Does anyone have any comments/advice please?

I would resit the AS History papers because they dont accept critical thinking and they are strict with the AAAb offer
* or as said above get a remark/ resit the worse of the two papers
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tia.may
OF COURSE :biggrin:D Apparently you'd look like a complete tool if you had anything else!! OMG HOODIESS!! I think that will be my second necessary purchase :biggrin: Roll on the 20th of September :smile:))))

what is happening on the 20th september?
Original post by hali0112

MBChB induction talk.

Read the Medical Education welcome week PDF on the University's website.
Reply 2334

Yup what he said :smile: ^^^^^
Reply 2335
Original post by Rushi371
I would resit the AS History papers because they dont accept critical thinking and they are strict with the AAAb offer
* or as said above get a remark/ resit the worse of the two papers

Thanks for advice. I thought Liverpool do accept Crit Thinking as 4th subject (based on reading Student Room A level requirements info?)
Remark didnt change anything so will resit one or both papers. Do you think Liverpool will consider application the ngiven b in Crit Thinknig and History AS resits showing as pending when application goes in?
Original post by tia.may

My Littman arrived this morning!!! :biggrin:
Its Navy Blue and my Mum got my name engraved on it haha. Im so excited for next month! :smile:
Reply 2337

My Littman arrived this morning!!! :biggrin:
Its Navy Blue and my Mum got my name engraved on it haha. Im so excited for next month! :smile:

OMG... that is sooo cool! I thought i might wait till freshers till i get mine but if all else fails can i borrow yours? :smile: lol AND OMG I CANNOT WAIT TOO!! :biggrin:
MBChB induction talk.

Read the Medical Education welcome week PDF on the University's website.

Original post by tia.may
Yup what he said :smile: ^^^^^

thanks! :smile:
Reply 2339
hey guys.

Have any of you been placed in Rankin?

I applied for SelfCatered ~£82.90, but they've put me in Catered~£114.00! :redface:

And they said they cannot change it! :redface:

And reading that it's quite dingy doesn't help either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending