The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
.Ali.
Oooh, bant, I like what you did there! :wink:

I don't have a sense of 'pride' as such, I just don't have much tolerance for people who don't try. Not saying all poor people don't try btw, I don't have a problem with 'poor people' inherently. It's just a lot of the people I have an issue with do happen to be poor. And you're mistaken, I spend a lot of time with priveledged, conservative boys as well. :biggrin: But I get your point, I do tend to hang around with those I have a lot in common with - then again, who doesn't?

Haha, thought you'd appreciate it.

This bit in bold is key- you're gonna have plenty in common with people from different social classes too!!

I spend a lot of time with people from all sorts of backgrounds- my ex-girlfriend was very middle class and conservative (though eventually it was clear she had no idea what she was talking about and just followed her parents' Daily Mail mindset..), I play football with a lot of working class people twice a week, occasionally go to a theatre where the upper class' reside..etc etc.
Reply 101
BenjyUK
Haha, thought you'd appreciate it.

This bit in bold is key- you're gonna have plenty in common with people from different social classes too!!

I spend a lot of time with people from all sorts of backgrounds- my ex-girlfriend was very middle class and conservative (though eventually it was clear she had no idea what she was talking about and just followed her parents' Daily Mail mindset..), I play football with a lot of working class people twice a week, occasionally go to a theatre where the upper class' reside..etc etc.

Maybe so, however, where I live, there aren't that many working class people. There are a few right on the other side of town however, and the majority of the ones I've met aren't pleasant. I do get your point tohugh, maybe it's just unlucky I met a particularly nasty lot. It just seems that wherever you go, a lot of them are like that.

But yeah I agree, two of my exes were very upper class and we had a fair bit in common lol. As I said, maybe I've just had bad experiences of them, but those experiences have shaped my views a fair bit.
SatanIsAwesome
If you're not in the age group to get it, why are people in your year?
Just because people don't use their EMA properly, doesn't mean it's a bad idea....
It just needs a bit of a revamp, reduce the cap to £25,500 or something.

Its supposed to help out at school. Therefore it is.
joshphillips999
Its supposed to help out at school. Therefore it is.

You haven't even done your GCSEs yet, you obviously will fail English if you don't see both sides of the story.
I said it's not a bad IDEA, however the implementation of that idea hasn't been very good.
L2Read.
Reply 104
froglamp
This all boils down to downright snobbery. Another first time poster using their first post to say how absurd the OP really is.
The topic of this post is almost as bad as racism. Class boils down to how much money you have, and if having very little money makes you council estate, low IQ scum, then perhaps I am guilty too? Small minded to boot?
I think not. Where I was born and to whom I was born made nothing of who I am today, but you seem to live on your 'social identity'.

One of the most intelligent people I know was born into a black Irish family of nine other siblings, no money to speak of. He made his own way in the world, no one to pay his way for him, and now he is a leading expert in the field of Artificial intelligence.

I hope this thread makes you question your attitude.

Peace and love.:smile:

What do you define as black Irish? Sorry, this is quite random but I've only ever come across this phrase online and I was wondering what the actual definition of it is, as opinions seem to vary. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending