The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Think of a number then double it.

You always consume more calories than you think.
Reply 2
calories is the old form of checking what you eat. you should be checking the amount of carbs your eating to see if your eating too much fatty and unhealthy food. calories is an old fasioned outdated method!
Reply 3
Eru

thats...weird :confused:
Reply 4
I know a lot of calorie contents by heart, since I dip into calorie controlled diets to combat my great overweightness...

Bread, generally is about 100... Marmite, prob quite a lot, so the toasts and marmite are prob around 350ish as an upper limit (to be safe)
Roll is prob 150-200 depending on whether it was large enough to have bap status... Cheese is a killer, and the bacon isnt too good if its fatty, so that roll is prob around 500 in total (depending on how deeply filled)
Can of coke is 150 calories, I believe.

You have thus far had about 1000 calories, if thats all you've eaten and had to drink... But it could be up to 300 more, since ive no idea of your penchant for wods of cheese! Lol
Reply 5
Eru

True true, but doubling is a bit much... Maybe multiply by 1.5:smile:
Reply 6
RobbieC
I know a lot of calorie contents by heart, since I dip into calorie controlled diets to combat my great overweightness...

Bread, generally is about 100... Marmite, prob quite a lot, so the toasts and marmite are prob around 350ish as an upper limit (to be safe)
Roll is prob 150-200 depending on whether it was large enough to have bap status... Cheese is a killer, and the bacon isnt too good if its fatty, so that roll is prob around 500 in total (depending on how deeply filled)
Can of coke is 150 calories, I believe.

You have thus far had about 1000 calories, if thats all you've eaten and had to drink... But it could be up to 300 more, since ive no idea of your penchant for wods of cheese! Lol

a slice of bread is 100calories? :eek:
Reply 7
White bread, yep. It's quite daunting isn't it! I believe wholemeal may even be more calorific, or that could be granary, cos of the nuts and stuff in it... Moral of the story, don't bother with what the tele says is healthy bread, it is probably more fattening!

It's so depressing that a magnum ice cream is only just more than double a slice of bread... I know what Id rather have!
Reply 8
fitday.com
Reply 9
2 Slices of wholemeal toast with marmite White is aprox. 80 per slice, wholemeal has more so i would say 100? marmite is 9 calories per gram
1 White roll with cheddar cheese and bacon bitsWhite roll is about 110, depends how much cheese but cheese is a lot and bacon bits are nothing really i don't think coz they are just vegtable aren't they?
1 Can of coke hmm, can, erm, i don't drink coke coz of the high sugar content so i spect it's a lot
Reply 10
chewwy
fitday.com

thats pretty cool, thanks
Reply 11
erm toast is 80 cals but depends on the mass of the slice the 30 grams is 80 calories, cheese depends on type of cheese, there are some cheeses:p: that are far less calorie containing than others, I can tell by seeing the mass of a fruit and therefore find how many calories are in it, 120 of anyfruit except bananas contain 60 calories, abit less abit more, coke I guess contains 200 calories butI'm not sure:p:

by the way doesn't anybody know how many calories does lentil soup contain
Reply 12
King_kul
calories is the old form of checking what you eat. you should be checking the amount of carbs your eating to see if your eating too much fatty and unhealthy food. calories is an old fasioned outdated method!

err.. nice try.
i am facinated to know why calories might be outdated in your mind?
your body needs carbs or else you wont have anything to burn for energy
I pretty much know the calories of everything seens as though i had Ed.
Thick toast is 100 calories, marmite adds bout 60-80 per slice.
White roll bout 150-200, cheese bout 100-150 n bacon bits bout 50.
Theres quite a bit in coke but i dont drink it so i dont know the exact number.
Reply 15
www.calorieking.com

If you eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight, regardless of where they came from. 100 kcals of chocolate cake will not make you fatter than 100 kcals of any other food. However, a 100 kcal portion of cake will be smaller than a 100 kcal portion of vegetables, so it will not be as filling.

This is before we get into the fact that your diet needs protein, fibre etc that the cake can't provide.
Reply 16
Brown bread may be more calorific but is better as has less refined flour/sugar than white which will make your blood sugar go up and crash, leaving you hungry for more sugar and eat more, whilst brown fills you up for longer with steady release energy. :smile:
I never calorie count. I just make sure I have what my body needs each day. That is, one meat / fish / other protein, lots of fruit / veg (in fruit juices, pieces of fruit, with meals etc), a bowl of cereal (for breakfast usually) for fibre and that. And the milk in it for calcium. Sometimes have a low fat yogurt or glass of milk too. And then, whatever else I might be having in a meal, like pasta or rice.
You can burn calories via masturbation. Honest fact. :biggrin:
One "lot" of sperm has on average 10-15 calories in it. Interesting, but unimportant.

Latest

Trending

Trending