The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just finished my first week at sixth form. So far, Biology is harder to me than Chemistry, mainly due to all the new terms and stuff which I'm having to revise later to get my head around.
Reply 61
At my school the teachers say chemistry is the hardest but the pupils say physics is.
Reply 62
Chemistry.... Arrgghh!
Reply 63
Im in year 13, doing Edexcel sciences :smile:
Chemistry is probably the most difficult exam, content wise BUT the grade boundaries (in edexcel anyway) tend to be really low, so getting a good grade isn't neccesarily all that difficult.

Biology is easy if you can remember facts apparently...

Physics is okay, untill you get to stuff like waves. Which is bleh.

As a science to study at a higher level, I would say Physics is probably the most difficult, but in sixth form, I would say it's chem :smile:
Geology :biggrin:
Psychology

:rofl: Ahhhh, it's funny on just so many different levels.
(edited 13 years ago)
Chemistry. By far.
I've just had my first week of Chemistry (I changed from Applied Business) and I already regret my decision choosing that subject. I don't understand orbitals or even anything..... Chemistry = FML.
Reply 68
Schweep
If anyone says biology I swear I will hunt them down and beat them senseless with my physics textbook.

this!
Sighrawr
Which is the hardest out of Biology, Chemistry and Physics in your opinion? I've just started all three (AS), and am wondering which is the hardest and why, what it entails etc. Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated. :yes:

Definitely Chemistry!!!!!
i only did biology so i can't comment on the other 2 and i found it hard enough the human part was easy and i hated the plant stuff but everyone says chemistry is the hardest
Mally-xo
CHEMISTRY. it is an absolute beast!

really though, I suppose it depends on the individual... biology is easy if you are good at remembering key words and stuff whereas chemistry is full on equations, calculations and mind-boggling theory!

That sounds like my idea of heaven. Equations :sogood: Calculations :sogood: mind boggling theory :s-smilie: (not sure)
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't do biology but out of chemistry and physics it has to be physics. Even though I did worse in chemistry it is really easy and there are no difficult concepts, the concepts in physics are much harder to get your head around. Having said that, you don't really have to understand anything in physics because most of the questions are either quoting definitions or pluging numbers into equations.
Reply 73
Geology. And probably more a science than any of the 3 'common' ones.
(edited 13 years ago)
I didnt do any of them at a-level but from what ive heard chemistry is the hardest
I hated Biology, with a passion!

I took Chemistry and dropped it within a week and took up Further Maths, fun times :smile:
Reply 76
Schweep
If anyone says biology I swear I will hunt them down and beat them senseless with my physics textbook.

That made me lol :smile: I don't really see Biology being the hardest tbh
Reply 77
Fat-Love
I'd say chem because it's just so damn boring and tedious you don't want to pay attention which makes it hard. As a general science though I'd say Physics is harder but because it tends to be more enjoyable I'd say it gets better marks than chem in exams

I'm finding Chemistry more enjoyable so far, Physics is definitely more tedious atm. But I'm paying full attention in all science lessons, I can't afford not to!
Reply 78
I'd say chemistry. It just didn't make sense at GCSE so I didn't consider it at A level.
A lot of people find physics hard, I don't though.
Biology is, generally speaking, straightforward. Although I mostly got that from looking at biology students' revision guides.
Reply 79
SatanIsAwesome
Geology :biggrin:

LOL shush :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending