The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
No idea whether it's still closed - I believe there is an alternative route anyway.

It's just here - http://tinyurl.com/3axr3zy (Google Maps)

And Cardiac Hill is as official a name as it will get, I doubt it has an official name, it's only a steepish hill. Not a landmark other than to those who have to walk up it!

Why do you ask?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I agree, why would you want it open :p:

Just to add to the map showing, the arrow is here: Cardiac Hill - arrow on map

One of my best friends from school was at Birks, so I used to visit her a lot, and never used it for a whole year (and neither did she as far as I know).

Looking at it on a map, I have no idea why it was closed in the first place lol. I was told it was in connection with the building work, but that has ended now as the new accommodation was on the website (I think) so I see no reason for it to be closed anymore.
Reply 3
Thanks :-) well i'll be going from birks to queens building every day so i think it'll be the quickest :-)
Reply 4
lucy11.iom
Thanks :-) well i'll be going from birks to queens building every day so i think it'll be the quickest :-)

This. From Cook Mews to IAIS building, I doubt there is a quicker way to get there than by "climbing" Cardiac Hill, so it would be nice if it stays open.
Cooks to Amory, probably up CH is the quickest way?
If you're in Birks you might as well use the steps, I really doubt you'll save more than 90 seconds at most, and the hill is shorter and less steep if you use the steps right outside Birks! I think anyway.
Reply 7
Cardiac Hill really isnt THAT bad. I'm not sure whether it's still closed or not, but there was an alternative step route put in place i'm sure, and there's an alternative route anyway. Thankfully back in the day, I lived at the top of CH in Mardon, so never ventured up it anyway! :biggrin:
If anyone's wondering, it's called Cardiac Hill because when Sir Edmund Hilary attempted to scale it, he failed, suffering a heart attack halfway up. Sad but true.
Reply 9
There's a Cardiac Hill in Bangor. This makes me realise that everywhere and everything just repeats itself, endless mimicry forever and ever.
Reply 10
Yep, it's still closed, because there's still building happening there, and the bits still happening are the bits at that end of things. You just go up Fairy Steps instead, which is easier than walking up Cardiac ever was anyway, so it's no bother really.
Cooks to almost any campus building Cardiac is quickest. I say almost - music buildings, Drama and Washington Singer are quicker going around, but others, nah, just go Cardiac! The only times I didn't was when I hurt my leg so hills hurt (great, Exeter is a hill!) and going the slower and longer hills hurt less then cardiac!
Reply 12
Persipan
Yep, it's still closed, because there's still building happening there, and the bits still happening are the bits at that end of things. You just go up Fairy Steps instead, which is easier than walking up Cardiac ever was anyway, so it's no bother really.

Where is Fairy Steps?
Reply 13
lucy11.iom
Where is Fairy Steps?

It's the steps that go up from next to Birks to the end of Clydesdale Avenue.
I went to Birks yesterday and couldn't even see Cardiac Hill cos of all the fencing & diggers and stuff... I doubt it's open.

Latest

Trending

Trending