The Student Room Group

Manchester gym (squat rack)

Anyone know any good gyms? Basically all i want are a squat rack, bench, pull up and dip place, some dumbells and spare barbells. (Some tread mills wud be nice too). I'm in fallowfield so i dont want anything too far away from there or the uni.

looking thru previous threads its all that the gyms r either ridiculously expensive or ridiculously overcrowded or they dont have a squat rack or people dont wanna mention the gym cos they dont want it to get overcrowded. if the latter is the case pm me pl0x :P.
Reply 1
rohit0406
Anyone know any good gyms? Basically all i want are a squat rack, bench, pull up and dip place, some dumbells and spare barbells. (Some tread mills wud be nice too). I'm in fallowfield so i dont want anything too far away from there or the uni.

looking thru previous threads its all that the gyms r either ridiculously expensive or ridiculously overcrowded or they dont have a squat rack or people dont wanna mention the gym cos they dont want it to get overcrowded. if the latter is the case pm me pl0x :P.

Seriously dude read the CrucialGuide. Its got the address of all the gyms of the university of manchester... I'm pretty sure there is one in fallowfield.
olympic dragons?
Reply 3
Original post by rohit0406

If you are just searching for squat racks, then no need to fetch for a gym for that. I would suggest you to buy a new squat rack for yourself and use it in your house, it is quite affordable and will not demand for more space. Squat rack is one of the best workouts to lose weight and to gain a muscular body. All the very best.
Reply 4
I know there is a squat rack in the rowing club at salfrod quays....
Reply 5

Olympic Dragons is the best gym in Manchester!!!! No question!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by MattGriff

well i joined fitness first for a few months. is olympic dragons welcoming to newbies or is it only for those hardcore looking to get into the olympic team or something?
well i joined fitness first for a few months. is olympic dragons welcoming to newbies or is it only for those hardcore looking to get into the olympic team or something?

I'm sure anyone can join.

I think this beast is the owner..

Reply 8
Original post by cowsforsale
I'm sure anyone can join.

I think this beast is the owner..

i can do that (srs)

come at me phags
Reply 9

just quit being a pussy and go FFS I hate that retarded question "is it open to newbies" gyms are places to work out not private members clubs chock full of pretentious hipster douchebags which you sadly tend to find alot of at uni. People could care less if you're new there or not.
Reply 10

All abilities train there.

If the vid is of Cleggers then yes he is the owner, strong lad with a 220kg overhead Jerk, one of the only guys to one arm db oress the 105kg millenium DB and all round nice bloke
Original post by Bishamon
j not private members clubs chock full of pretentious hipster douchebags which you sadly tend to find alot of at uni. People could care less if you're new there or not.

What about the strength and conditioning suites?

I will be using one of those (hopefully) at my uni of choice. Need a sport to use it though :O
Original post by MattGriff

mate you got any details for the gym? address, phone number etc..
Reply 13
Original post by Bishamon
i can do that (srs)

come at me phags

Although Clegg is 15 and a half stone and was injured then, and deadlifts 340
and raw!
Reply 15

Note also he doesn't wear even a belt.

Oly lifters for you!

He did a 182.5kg clean and Jerk earlier this year in the Adlington push and pull - good to see.

Quick Reply

Latest