The Student Room Group

Good A-levels for Archaeology?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hard you need chemistry my m8 is doing archelogy and he was told he needed chemistry
hazbaz
I hard you need chemistry my m8 is doing archelogy and he was told he needed chemistry

I think it depends on the uni and the specific course you pick.
Reply 22
take philosophy and/or english literature!
Reply 23
Deceiver
I'm taking:

Maths
Geography
French
Classical Civilization

Is this a good combination of options which will get me on to an Archaeology & Geology or Archaeology & Geography degree (or just standalone Archaeology)?

This sounds like a good combination. You've got a nice mix of science and arts (and yes, geography is kind of inbetween). :yy:

And get yourself to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=298524
Reply 24
hazbaz

depends on whether you're going for the arts side or the science side. And if the latter, universities will often be okay as long as you have a science A level. Conservation etc do need chemistry though.
Reply 25
Vampire-Love4ever
Instead of french, do Sociology :smile: it's related to what you wanna do in future.

Surely more useful for the Anthropological side, which I'm not as interested in.

Aula
depends on whether you're going for the arts side or the science side. And if the latter, universities will often be okay as long as you have a science A level. Conservation etc do need chemistry though.

I just looked this up and the Archaeology BA has no strict required subjects, but the BsC asks for one Science (which I have in Maths and possibly Geography). So I think I'd be okay for either one :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
I disagree. Language is a good thing to have on your A-Levels and Math you will need as you need to calculate, measure and analyse data and the preciseness needed in math is useful if this is the path you want to take. However geology would be excellent to do. To be an archaeologist you need to do the degree in university. To be completely honest i debt know if they will actually care what subjects you do as long as you are good at the core ones because no specific gcse's or a-levels are required to take the course alone.

Quick Reply

Latest