The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Always_Happy
Thank you, my username is just a bunch of random numbers and letters. I'm hoping it still works

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It isn't in that format. The UEA email addresses usually take the format

1st inital . (dot) surname at uea.ac.uk

So for example if your username were your real name you'd be [email protected]

This sometimes varies to full 1st name dot surname if the email address you would have is already taken. Best bet is to email yourself from your uni email and see what it comes up as.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by brooksclaire
Okayyyy! NORFOLK TERRACE...

So the wardrobe.... how much space is there? Is it like the width of the door? Or does is it go a little wider? :smile:

Also, this probably sounds really stupid considering the launderette probably has tumble dryers, but how would you go about drying clothes in your rooms if the radiators are under the desks? Not a big fan of tumble dryers thats all.... but can make do :')

For drying clothes in your room you want something like this:

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/indoor-airers/wilko-laundry-extendable-airer-3-tier/invt/0300177/?htxt=%2FUvRjc0xAaKk26JwgsxcsV6E2gjpK53ITJCPcypNRrR6jhjYX3SDlEUFWaOdTpLU0xVcTayKYYOc%0Aw4t9gBa9qg%3D%3D

If you don't get one before you arrive there's a massive wilko's in the city centre that is currently selling them for a tenner
I think I must have done something really wrong because the page is asking for my email address and password which I don't remember setting up

if you click on the outlook web app it just asks for your username and password
For the bit in the medical forms where the doctor has to fill it in, is that the doctor we were previously registered with or the new one at UEA?
Original post by Jess Holly
For the bit in the medical forms where the doctor has to fill it in, is that the doctor we were previously registered with or the new one at UEA?

Ueas you only need your home doctor for vaccination details.
Reply 785
I think I must have done something really wrong because the page is asking for my email address and password which I don't remember setting up

Direct link to webmail login: https://ueaexchange.uea.ac.uk
Also accessed through the 'Email' tab on Portal.
You'll find yourself learning that 'bunch of random letters and numbers' very quickly once you're here :tongue: It's used an awful lot.
Original post by makingamemory
Ueas you only need your home doctor for vaccination details.

I've got the vaccination details, it's for the part on the GSM1 which says 'To be completed by the doctor' and has things like 'I have accepted this patient for medical services'.
Original post by jelly1000
if you click on the outlook web app it just asks for your username and password

Thanks a lot, I'll try that now and I'll give you some rep when I figure out how to XD

Original post by Lucyyy
Direct link to webmail login: https://ueaexchange.uea.ac.uk
Also accessed through the 'Email' tab on Portal.
You'll find yourself learning that 'bunch of random letters and numbers' very quickly once you're here :tongue: It's used an awful lot.

Thanks! Oh great! I can't wait to see what else UEA has in store for me :P

Original post by chrisawhitmore
It isn't in that format. The UEA email addresses usually take the format

1st inital . (dot) surname at uea.ac.uk

So for example if your username were your real name you'd be [email protected]

This sometimes varies to full 1st name dot surname if the email address you would have is already taken. Best bet is to email yourself from your uni email and see what it comes up as.

Original post by michael12
I think its your [email protected].

Original post by jelly1000
thats irrelevant, you use your username to log in

I can't believe how stupid I was being before! I've finally logged on and seen the e-mails I've missed *sigh*, thanks for your help guys!
I can't believe how stupid I was being before! I've finally logged on and seen the e-mails I've missed *sigh*, thanks for your help guys!

My UEA email is...

[email protected]

(edited 11 years ago)
Can anyone tell me where the medical forms are on portal, as i dont have a clue :frown:.
I'm not sure where to ask this but... I'm studying American Lit & Creative Writing, and went ahead and bought one of the books we're required to get for a particular module: The Norton Anthology of American Literature, 8th ed. It was suuuper expensive and I just broke the seal only to realise that I got the 7th edition, not 8th. Is this a real problem or can I get away with having an older copy? :frown:
Original post by 2K11
Hey! Do we get "reading" weeks at UEA? My friends at UCL and Notts did, Leicester didn't(!) Is it course dependant? Thanks!

Its course and module dependant. Science dont, History don't, I know English did. I do International Relations and I had a reading week for some modules and not others.
Reply 794
Whats the uni's stance on recording lectures on a tape recorder for personal use? Because I'm worried I won't be able to take effective notes from the lectures.
Original post by reviloc
Whats the uni's stance on recording lectures on a tape recorder for personal use? Because I'm worried I won't be able to take effective notes from the lectures.

As far as I know, they're cool with it, as long as you don't sell the tapes on. There were a couple of people in my lectures that used these: http://www.livescribe.com/en-gb/

But a regular tape recorder or dictaphone should work just as well.

Some modules might also do screencasts, which is where the lecturer records their voice and the powerpoint and then releases it as a video on the portal, which is really helpful.
Reply 796
when is freshers ball?
Original post by Saphfire
when is freshers ball?

there isnt a dress up smart ball as such, just a big club night at the end of the week with fairground rides on saturday next week.
Original post by Saphfire
when is freshers ball?

Unless you're talking about the med freshers ball, which, AFAIK, was last night :p:
Reply 799
Deleted.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending