The Student Room Group

Retaking modules from maths, chem, bio in gap year - how to go about it?! please help

Hi,

I just finished my A-levels in chem,bio,maths and got BBB.... I was really upset as i was predicted and on target for AAB.... anyway, im going to be retaking the following modules:

Maths - C2,C3

Chem - unit 1 , unit 4

Bio - unit 2 , unit 4

I am hoping to at least get AAB this time round and im doing all of these modules in january! ....

I want to start working now but everytime i get to it my head just starts spinning and im not sure which one to start with and how to go about doing it so early. Im worried that if i start now, ill just forget the things ive done first when it comes to january! ...... do i just start making notes for now or really get into hardcore revision?! ......

please help, I wanna start but theres something psychological preventing me!

Lol sounds like I need a psychiatrist! anyway, cheers :smile:
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Right then make a timetable and a set time to do each subject. Then you need to decide whether you are going to go in order revising the stuff for the subjects or in order depending on what you found hardest or easiest. Its up to you if you start hardcore but I would start by making notes and then closer to the time you can go back again re read the notes and make new ones. You've got the time.

Good luck!
Reply 3
I'm in the same position, doing 5 resits in January, FP1, FP3, C4, M2 & CG3. I'd say probably create a time table, don't start off with alot, and keep building up as you're getting closer & closer to the exam.
SK-mar
Hi,

I just finished my A-levels in chem,bio,maths and got BBB.... I was really upset as i was predicted and on target for AAB.... anyway, im going to be retaking the following modules:

Maths - C2,C3

Chem - unit 1 , unit 4

Bio - unit 2 , unit 4

I am hoping to at least get AAB this time round and im doing all of these modules in january! ....

I want to start working now but everytime i get to it my head just starts spinning and im not sure which one to start with and how to go about doing it so early. Im worried that if i start now, ill just forget the things ive done first when it comes to january! ...... do i just start making notes for now or really get into hardcore revision?! ......

please help, I wanna start but theres something psychological preventing me!

Lol sounds like I need a psychiatrist! anyway, cheers :smile:

Why don't you do some of the above modules in June to soften the load ?

P.s. how is c2 revision going? Is it a resit ?
and what exam board are you on for it ?
Reply 5
Da_hopeful_1
Why don't you do some of the above modules in June to soften the load ?

P.s. how is c2 revision going? Is it a resit ?
and what exam board are you on for it ?

hmm ive thought that but i kinda just wanna do what i can now. i think (fingers crossed) i should be ok.

revision is going alrite, not done too much C2 yet, im on OCR. how come, are you taking it too? if so what board you on? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending