The Student Room Group

Hey fellow A levers, how you finding your subjects?

Just revived my old TSR account and wanna know how you are all finding AS/A2. I'm back in education again studying Math, FM, Physics and Economics + Business all AS.
Procrastination was on the high so I'm going to try and keep active on here as a way of keeping me motivated.

I was wonder if universities are going to look down on me because I dropped out of college last year even if I get good grades? (A*AA/B)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
chem=:cool:
Bio= :smile:
History= :s-smilie:
Psych= :biggrin:
Reply 2
Maths- Boring and easy
Physics- Boring and easy
Graphics-:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Spanish- Hard, but the people in my class are nice.
DamonWilson
Just revived my old TSR account and wanna know how you are all finding AS/A2. I'm back in education again studying Math, FM, Physics and Economics + Business all AS.
Procrastination was on the high so I'm going to try and keep active on here as a way of keeping me motivated.

I was wonder if universities are going to look down on me because I dropped out of college last year even if I get good grades? (A*AA/B)

They wont look down on you don't worry, I took a gap year between GCSEs and A-levels because I wasn't ready for them so I got a job earned some money then went back to college which now I'm ready for and absolutely LOVING!!!!

History = :yep:
Law =:woo:
Politics = :cool:
English Language = :smile:
Reply 4
I'm doing:

A level English language and literature = Quite boring but it guarantees a solid A
A level Media studies = Looked down upon, but the stuff i am doing currently is really enjoyable
AS level Economics = Love it, it's quite easy once you grasp the theory and it's quite interesting to apply it to real life situations
AS level History = It's ok, a bit boring but not too bad.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Pi!
Maths- Boring and easy
Physics- Boring and easy
Graphics-:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Spanish- Hard, but the people in my class are nice.

Next year is when Math and Physics really starts!
Reply 6
A lot of you guys doing essay based subject, I don't know how you do it!
Reply 7
Maths: Lost me at first but the more you do the more all of it comes together and makes sense
Geography: Thought it would be boring but turns out it's really good
Psychology: The subject is okay but the teacher babbles and we don't get much done
Biology: Interesting but hard as we're already running out of time, we've been off the monday we have a triplee lesson twice already and half the class (including me) is missing three lessons next week due to a trip = lots of self study? :frown:
Physics: Fairly straight forward to grasp, but when the questions are presented, much harder due to the nature of the wording and description. Favourite!
Maths: It's going ok. Just need to practice and don't make rookie errors. Favourite!
Chemistry: It is quite easy so far. 100x better than GCSE, but triple science helped a lot.
Economics: Pretty boring. Lots to remember. Only subject I havn't started doing extra work/revision on. Motivation required.
Reply 9
Awesomesauce
Physics: Fairly straight forward to grasp, but when the questions are presented, much harder due to the nature of the wording and description. Favourite!
Maths: It's going ok. Just need to practice and don't make rookie errors. Favourite!
Chemistry: It is quite easy so far. 100x better than GCSE, but triple science helped a lot.
Economics: Pretty boring. Lots to remember. Only subject I havn't started doing extra work/revision on. Motivation required.

I am exactly the same as you with the economics situation. all my other subjects I have re-read and made solid note for but I cannot bring myself around to doing it for economics.
Well, History was:frown: Boring and wayyyyy too much work for a subject I didn't really want to do. So, I changed to Maths, which drags on a bit but is much more bearable.

biology :gthumb: love it
Chemistry :yes: going OK
Physics, surprisingly :smile: I kind of like it :eek3: and it's easy
General studies :stomp: waste of my life
English Lang-:gthumb:
Politics-:gthumb:
Sociology-:gthumb:
Philosophy and Ethics-:gthumb:
Extended project-:gthumb:
:party:

Lovin every min!
(edited 13 years ago)
DamonWilson
I am exactly the same as you with the economics situation. all my other subjects I have re-read and made solid note for but I cannot bring myself around to doing it for economics.

Hey, how are you finding Further Maths? I am thinking of picking AS FM up next year as I want to do Physics at uni. Is it that much harder? I have no natural aptitude for Maths by the way. I only got this far through hard work.
Geography and Economics = LOVE! I really am enjoying them

Maths and Biology = Meh, I am finding them really hard, just hope I don't do too bad when the exams come around :redface:
Reply 14
History = :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: LOVE.
English Literature = Can not stand one teacher! This is making me dislike it... but the other teacher I adore.
Biology = My gawd, sooo much to learn!

I need to start re-reading what we've covered so far...
Maths - satisfying and surprisingly easy (I struggled at GCSE thanks to a crap teacher)
History - can feel very boring at times, out teacher sets us ridiculous Year 7 style homework like 'design a CV for Cardinal Wolsey!' but I really like the subject so it's okay.
French - love love love love love. It's not an easy A Level at all, but it's what I love and want to do higher up so :biggrin:
English Literature - also love. I find it very straight forward as you have to focus on specific things. Lovely :smile:

All in all I'm loving sixth form.
Reply 16
Chemistry: Is a challenge to remember all the stuff but its enjoyable and Im doing well

Maths: Is pretty straight forward and I really like my class and teacher

Physics: Again pretty straightforward, and in the scheme of things there isnt A LOT to learn for it, and good class and teacher.

So all in all this year looks to be going alright, hopefully now after saying that it doesnt all go downhill.
Maths <3
Biology <3
Chemistry <3
Psychology <3
physics - hard
maths - hard X_X
chemistry - awesome
biology - boring yet awesome at the same time :wink:
Reply 19
DamonWilson
Next year is when Math and Physics really starts!

Oh, the joy.

Latest