The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

I have seen 10 of those :eek:
Original post by CookieDoughLove
I have seen 10 of those :eek:

you've got a lot of good films to watch :smile:
Grand total of 42 :smile:
Reply 243
I thought I had seen more, strange.

I've seen 47 . Or probably a little higher.
Reply 245

I far watch too many films, although I watched half of this films when I was kid. curretly planning to watch all the 500 films chosen by the empire magazine on the dec issue.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 246
Reply 247

More than I thought.
Reply 248
Original post by hangmanh

I far watch too many films, although I watched half of this films when I was kid. curretly planning to watch all the 500 films chosen by the empire magazine on the dec issue.

I like the Empire list a lot - yes, it has the SW prequels which I have no interest in seeing whatsoever, and also stuff like Transformers, but it's a nice mix. Is there a new version?
Down to 11.

I was on 13 last time I looked :sigh:

I am so dissapointed in myself :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 251

working my way up :smile: problem is, many on there I don't really want to watch, they sound boring.
Just watched The Incredibles - awesome film.

Not sure what next, maybe It's a Wonderful Life or Shawshank Redemption?

Not many comedies in top 250 are there?
Original post by The Stig

Shawshank is pretty good, but I remain highly skeptical that it's the #1 film of all time.

Just finished watching Patton on Sky Player, and thought it was pretty damn good! That leaves me on 63 :smile:

Think that Cool Hand Luke and The Great Dictator are next on my to watch list.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos

Shawshank is pretty good, but I remain highly skeptical that it's the #1 film of all time.

One of the things I find most surprising about the list is how low down Citizen Kane is.
Original post by Phalanges
One of the things I find most surprising about the list is how low down Citizen Kane is.

Indeed, there's a few anomalies on that list that I would question.

For example, The Matrix is something like 70 places higher than Blade Runner. I love both, I agree that both deserve a place on the list for a variety of reasons, but it would seem more logical to me that their roles were reversed.

Perhaps it's down to market appeal in this day and age? Not everyone appreciates Blade Runner and Citizen Kane, but The Matrix and Shawshank are much more mainstream.

Indeed, there's a few anomalies on that list that I would question.

For example, The Matrix is something like 70 places higher than Blade Runner. I love both, I agree that both deserve a place on the list for a variety of reasons, but it would seem more logical to me that their roles were reversed.

Perhaps it's down to market appeal in this day and age? Not everyone appreciates Blade Runner and Citizen Kane, but The Matrix and Shawshank are much more mainstream.

Similarly I'm baffled how Gondry can feature at 62 but Lynch's best work now isn't even on that list.
Reply 257
Original post by The Stig

Watch this

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0023969/

In reply to the other poster, I am pretty sure Citizen Kane was in the top 10 - maybe even top 5 around 10 years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest