The Student Room Group

Mountbatten Institute, NYC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zirka
Will it be the interview for London intake or NY?

NY
Original post by ManinderBasi
Good luck!.. yeah my interview is on the 6th. - What did you apply for and job areas?

Likewise! I applied for the postgraduate programme. Finance, Operations and not for profit. Is this your first time applying?
Reply 362
Original post by apollo321
Likewise! I applied for the postgraduate programme. Finance, Operations and not for profit. Is this your first time applying?

Hey! But is there a chance to not be selected so people apply for the second and third times? I thought they accept everyone who is more or less qualified... don't they?

Cool. Yes it is, what about you?
Original post by ManinderBasi
Cool. Yes it is, what about you?

I applied for September 2017 intake but didn't get an interview because I had very little office related experience. How come you want to do MB?
Reply 365
Oh I see then. I have 3 years experience... so think it should be fine...
I applied for September 2017 intake but didn't get an interview because I had very little office related experience. How come you want to do MB?

Yes, they say they want relative office experience so luckily a job in finance came along and I took it - although it was a pay cut from my previous job.

Career prospects & the life experience. What about you?
Is this some arrangement where you pay mountbatten 1 year of fees to work in New York for a year and then return back home? What are the exit options like?
Reply 368
Original post by zirka
Hi guys! I am also considering to apply for this program for March or August intake 2018. Does anyone know if it's a big competition there? As I read from other people that they basically accept everyone into a program (if all required documents are sent to them). What do you think, guys? Is there anyone who was refused? Also, I am not native English speaker (I am from Ukraine) and I wonder if anyone provided them IELTS or relevant certificate to prove the language knowledge or they just rate it at interview? Thank you all in advance!

Hey! I'm also thinking of applying for the August 2018 intake. Have you heard anything back yet?
Hi guys, are 1k USD enough to live in NY?
Original post by liverpoolgirl18
Hi everyone!

I recently discovered this programme and have so many questions. I want to apply for August 2019 intake, so I have some time before I need to apply yet. But I have so many questions (mainly regarding personal finances) that I feel like Mountbatten's website doesn't explain too well.

How does everyone fund the courses? Are people paying for this out of their own pocket or getting a loan for course fees?

Also how are people living on the $1275 monthly allowance? It doesn't seem like it will go a long way especially after tax is deducted.

Thirdly, the website says students need about $2000-$2500 for the first few weeks. What is this for? It seems like a lot of money to cover only a few weeks.

If there is anyone reading this that has completed the Mountbatten Programme, please can you advise me on how much savings I actually need and if you have taken any loans?

Any advice is appreciated!

Hello,

I completed Mountbatten last August. I saved very hard to pay all of the fees upfront (didn't get a loan), and I think most people did the same.

$1275 honestly sounds as though it's gone up since I did it, I think I was on about $1100. Some companies that students get placed with (e.g. Citi) will pay for your MTA card, so that's like $120 saved a month which definitely helps! However, since you will be living in Newport, NJ (don't worry, it's a fantastic location) you'll also have to pay about $89 for a monthly ticket from there to NYC.

I think I had about £5000 or £6000 saved, of which I only spent about £2000 (though I was largely reluctant to spend many of my pounds as the exchange rate had just crashed due to Brexit when I was there, and the exchange rate was about 1.21 - 1.25). The money is tight, but you're all in the same boat & it just comes down to being well disciplined really.
i wish to apply for the march 2019 internship NY and was hoping someone could give me some insight as to what its actually like. worried about the living arrangements also

Thanks!
Hey guys does anyone know what the acceptance rates are like?
Hi!This is really helpful and informative!I have a quick question, how much did you ‘take-home’ after taxes on the stipend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending