The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Um, I'm lonely?

This is really lame and sorry about that but... Is anyone else really lonely? When I look around everyone seems to have found friends already and walk around in little groups and stuff and there I am walking around like a loner and staying in every night because I've got no-one to go out with. :frown:

I've made a few 'friends' in my flat and the flat next door, but they're not really very much like me and I think they think I'm weird because during freshers week I wasn't like a mad party animal (I got freshers flu, woe was me).

Cartmel doesn't seem very huge on the college spirit either... which is odd, maybe it's me just not noticing it. My friend from school is in Bowland and they're really up for it all with like chants and things, whereas I haven't heard one from around here.

Anyway, returning to the original point, is anyone else at Lancaster lonely?
Reply 1
I was on penicillin for most of freshers week. Just make up for it this week by going out a bit more. Alcohol works a treat, lame excuse bet meh.

I also expected to make a best friend or a few in the first week or so but thats unrealistic because think how long it took to get good friends with dudes back home. Just try talk to people or talk back if approached and you will find someone who you click with. When you do that whole depressed feeling evaporates.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
*Hugs*

If you ever want to talk to someone, I'm only in Lonsdale so I will come and visit you. :smile:

I'm not a mad party animal either, so it's one thing we have in common.
Reply 3
I know what you mean. As soon as other people have their own little groups going, it's really hard to get 'into' their groups.
Going to societies is excellent, you'll have something to talk about, something to do.
I'm quite lucky, everyone in my Physics class is ace and we get along easily. No chance of that with people doing your course?
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies, guys. :smile: Made me feel better.

Originally Posted by LubyLoo
If you ever want to talk to someone, I'm only in Lonsdale so I will come and visit you.

We should meet up, seeing as we're so close. I went to the Lonsdale bar this morning for a meeting thingy and it was well nice, can see why Cartmel bar is dead in term time when Lonsdale bars just round the corner!

Originally Posted by Morto
I'm quite lucky, everyone in my Physics class is ace and we get along easily. No chance of that with people doing your course?

Well I do English Lit with Creative Writing and Women's Studies. So far Women's Studies has been the best place to talk to people, my seminar group all seemed nice. As for English Lit... Well, the lectures are huge and impersonal and overwhelming, but I have a seminar first thing tomorrow morning so will see how it goes. Creative Writing starts next week, will have to see how that goes too.

:redface:
Reply 5
Retardchar
We should meet up, seeing as we're so close. I went to the Lonsdale bar this morning for a meeting thingy and it was well nice, can see why Cartmel bar is dead in term time when Lonsdale bars just round the corner!

Sure thing. Just PM me. I've now met three people from here (one being very unexpected) so it's not like it's new to me anymore! :p:
There's a lovely boy there doing Creative Writing... *shhhh Charlotte*
im not from Lancaster~~~but have the same feeling~~~coz i went uni late(for 1 wk) and got a offer to live in uni hall(about 2 wks)... ...so cannot really get well with others... ...as people said"As soon as other people have their own little groups going, it's really hard to get 'into' their groups. "

feel a bit lonely~~~want move out of the uni hall~and start flatshare~~~coz its eaiser to get some friends~~~
a big shout from london~~~
Reply 8
Flatshare? I dunno about that. I think college residence is awesome, I'm totally thinking about re-applying next year. I mean, flatshare is what you're probably likely to do for some years after Uni, so this is the only time you're ever going to have this sort of experience!
Retardchar
This is really lame and sorry about that but... Is anyone else really lonely? When I look around everyone seems to have found friends already and walk around in little groups and stuff and there I am walking around like a loner and staying in every night because I've got no-one to go out with. :frown:

I've made a few 'friends' in my flat and the flat next door, but they're not really very much like me and I think they think I'm weird because during freshers week I wasn't like a mad party animal (I got freshers flu, woe was me).

Cartmel doesn't seem very huge on the college spirit either... which is odd, maybe it's me just not noticing it. My friend from school is in Bowland and they're really up for it all with like chants and things, whereas I haven't heard one from around here.

Anyway, returning to the original point, is anyone else at Lancaster lonely?

I don't think you're the only one feeling like that but remember you're not alone :smile:

The college spirit is all good and well but what's really important is that you settle in. True friends will come eventually and not just people you get ridiculously drunk with. I haven't been drunk once yet (yes, I know... how!) but I've still met some good people - some I can see as friends and others not.

Give it time and remember you can always talk or meet up with us!

Latest

Trending

Trending