The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Milky Milk
I'm doing BSc (Hons) Marketing. Advertising and Marketing looked really good though, I might try and do Advertising as a free choice if possible :smile:

Do you know if there are any specific requirements? Like for some other unis you need art?
Is it good?
What sort of stuff do you do?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Milky Milk
Sorry I meant I'm going to do Marketing (October this year).
But I know that you don't need and art GCSE or A-Level. I applied for Marketing and Design also, and I don't do art which you'd assume they'd want. You just have to prove in your personal statement that Marketing/Advertising is definately what you want and are able to do. Are you applying for 2012?

Yes I will be...oh ok sorry!!
Ooh sounds good yeah :smile:
I really like photography and think advertising would be good for a career but to keep my options open I might do a different degree then go into advertising after...
Slight moan:

Spoiler

Rant over. :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Slight moan:

Spoiler

Hahaha like :smile:
Reply 244
Slight moan:

Spoiler

how DARE they!? i would be holding a full scale investigation into this! next time install some hidden cameras! ive had 6 tubs of ben and jerrys in the freezer at one point and they remained untouched. to my shock :P
Original post by J1mjam
how DARE they!? i would be holding a full scale investigation into this! next time install some hidden cameras! ive had 6 tubs of ben and jerrys in the freezer at one point and they remained untouched. to my shock :P

Lol. That's amazing lol!
It doesn't really annoy me or anything. There are bigger issues at the moment. It just took me by surprise. And, I hope it isn't the start of a trend. People steeling from their own flatmates is pretty low to be honest. And to go for the Ben & Jerry's, at exam time, is cruel lol.
Reply 246
Lol. That's amazing lol!
It doesn't really annoy me or anything. There are bigger issues at the moment. It just took me by surprise. And, I hope it isn't the start of a trend. People steeling from their own flatmates is pretty low to be honest. And to go for the Ben & Jerry's, at exam time, is cruel lol.

track down the culprit and make them pay! or, if you dont have the time, just buy some more :P
Original post by J1mjam
track down the culprit and make them pay! or, if you dont have the time, just buy some more :P

Lol. It doesn't matter. Better on their hips than mine. :smile:
I read in my local paper today (York press) that York uni beat Lancs in the 'Roses' by quite a margin...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I mean... :frown:
Original post by BeccaCath94
I read in my local paper today (York press) that York uni beat Lancs in the 'Roses' by quite a margin...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I mean... :frown:

Not to make excuses, but it tends to favour the home side. We smashed York last year when it was here. :smile:

Plus, Roses has been timed badly this year - or rather Easter has messed everything up. Exams have been underway here for weeks already, and for another month, so people are distracted. I know a lot of the best people on the shooting team couldn't go, for example, because of exam constraints. :smile:

Let York enjoy it this year. We'll take it back next. :tongue:
Reply 250

Not to make excuses, but it tends to favour the home side. We smashed York last year when it was here. :smile:

Plus, Roses has been timed badly this year - or rather Easter has messed everything up. Exams have been underway here for weeks already, and for another month, so people are distracted. I know a lot of the best people on the shooting team couldn't go, for example, because of exam constraints. :smile:

fair enough :tongue: but still, im sure one of your papers said it was lancasters best opportunity away for ages!

I had the choice between lanc or york and so far, it appears i made the better choice :tongue: probably all change next year ahah
Original post by JoshC
fair enough :tongue: but still, im sure one of your papers said it was lancasters best opportunity away for ages!

I had the choice between lanc or york and so far, it appears i made the better choice :tongue: probably all change next year ahah

Lol. I really hope you are not validating your university choice on the outcome of Roses lol. :tongue:

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to it. I only follow the sports I am interested in [mainly shooting] and those my friends took part in. I am pleased to say that the shooting was close run and my friends on the womens' rugby team won. :biggrin:
Reply 252
Lol. I really hope you are not validating your university choice on the outcome of Roses lol. :tongue:

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to it. I only follow the sports I am interested in [mainly shooting] and those my friends took part in. I am pleased to say that the shooting was close run and my friends on the womens' rugby team won. :biggrin:

What college has the best accommodation, and do the colleges really matter?

Are they not all the same, with the exception of their respective accomodations?
Reply 253

Haha well it was that + university of the year :tongue: (and my course and how the years gone lol)
but yeah, i was following the score but only really cared about the ones my friends were in
Original post by Millz
What college has the best accommodation, and do the colleges really matter?

Are they not all the same, with the exception of their respective accomodations?

There are lots of threads on accommodation and college differences, so I don't really want to clog this thread up with it as well.

However, I will say this: The main differences are accommodation types - with some being 100% ensuite and others offering a variety of styles - and the location of the college on campus. All colleges have a bar, a JCR to organise a full social calendar and facilitates like off-campus kitchens, plus they all compete in inter-college sports events. Colleges feature a mixture of people and obviously change every year as people arrive and people leave.

Colleges matter from an administrative perspective. You are organised into your college and remain a member throughout your time at Lancaster. As a result, you graduate with your college not your course department. :smile:
Reply 255
There are lots of threads on accommodation and college differences, so I don't really want to clog this thread up with it as well.

However, I will say this: The main differences are accommodation types - with some being 100% ensuite and others offering a variety of styles - and the location of the college on campus. All colleges have a bar, a JCR to organise a full social calendar and facilitates like off-campus kitchens, plus they all compete in inter-college sports events. Colleges feature a mixture of people and obviously change every year as people arrive and people leave.

Colleges matter from an administrative perspective. You are organised into your college and remain a member throughout your time at Lancaster. As a result, you graduate with your college not your course department. :smile:

Oh, Ok. Point me in the direction of a thread on the colleges please. Thank you for your help.
Original post by Millz
Oh, Ok. Point me in the direction of a thread on the colleges please. Thank you for your help.

Accommodation

And, here are some threads on colleges posted within the last 2 months. :smile:
College Thread 1
College Thread 2
College Thread 3
College Thread 4
College Thread 5
College Thread 6

Ok ok :biggrin:
This is the first time ive known about it but im sure next year york will win again!
Reply 258
Original post by BeccaCath94
Ok ok :biggrin:
This is the first time ive known about it but im sure next year york will win again!

Is there a boxing club at Lancaster?
God, what's this smell? I can't open the window cause it literally smells like ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending