The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I graduated this afternoon. So, that's it. My ties with Lancaster are finished.

It's really rather sad!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by affinity89

It's really rather sad!

Awww :console: I'm gonna be in the same situation next year, I guess.

Congrats though. :smile:

It's really rather sad!

Cogratulations :smile:
What was your course?
Original post by BeccaCath94
Cogratulations :smile:
What was your course?

History BA(hons). I minored in Politics and IR. :smile:

Ooh wow!! :biggrin:
Reply 385

If you read PPE, you cannot minor in lets say business, can you ?
Reply 386
Original post by Millz
If you read PPE, you cannot minor in lets say business, can you ?

Nope because your three modules are Politics, Philosophy and Economics leaving you no room for anything else.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 387
Original post by cambo211
Nope because you're three modules are Politics, Philosophy and Economics leaving you no room for anything else.

Thought so, lol, oh well, any societies for business or investing?
Reply 388
Original post by Millz
Thought so, lol, oh well, any societies for business or investing?

Yeah there's a few about, but for the life of me i cant remember the name of them.
Reply 389
Original post by cambo211
Yeah there's a few about, but for the life of me i cant remember the name of them.

LOOOl, so what do you spend your time doing when you are not studying, getting drunk and chasing women ? Lol

Seriously though, I picked Lancaster to make the most of its business and entrepreneurial resources. Are they as good as I think they are?

Thanks in advance.
Best business lessons I've learnt at uni is that the cheapest yet best beer you can get is a 15-pack or two 6-packs (2 for £7.80 at Sainsburys I believe) of Budweiser.
Original post by Millz
LOOOl, so what do you spend your time doing when you are not studying, getting drunk and chasing women ? Lol

Seriously though, I picked Lancaster to make the most of its business and entrepreneurial resources. Are they as good as I think they are?

Thanks in advance.

Societies List

Eg, Bright Futures; Economics; International Investment; Marketing; Young Entrepreneurs. :smile:
Original post by RabbitCFH
Best business lessons I've learnt at uni is that the cheapest yet best beer you can get is a 15-pack or two 6-packs (2 for £7.80 at Sainsburys I believe) of Budweiser.

Or you should do what I did every term. Bought a huge amount of alcohol in bulk before the start of the term, stash it in the space under my bed and just chuck some in the fridge whenever I needed it.

Every term I arrived with 60 bottles of 8.4% Henry Westons cider. Cost per bottle when bought in bulk? About £1.30 per bottle, and I'm on about pint bottles, not little ones.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mackemforever
Or you should do what I did every term. Bought a huge amount of alcohol in bulk before the start of the term, stash it in the space under my bed and just chuck some in the fridge whenever I needed it.

Every term I arrived with 60 bottles of 8.4% Henry Westons cider. Cost per bottle when bought in bulk? About £1.40 per bottle, and I'm on about pint bottles, not little ones.

I love that stuff. Literally, at all times, I had half a dozen bottles of that in plus half a dozen bottles of Fruli strawberry beer. Plus a bottle of vodka. And a bottle of Tia Maria. All that = :biggrin:.

I always found that Booths was the cheapest place for Westens. I paid around £1.35 for those big bottles, compared to around £1.60 in Sainsbury's. :smile:
Reply 394
hey... is any 1st year undergraduate starting economics and finance here?
Original post by mackemforever

Every term I arrived with 60 bottles of 8.4% Henry Westons cider. Cost per bottle when bought in bulk? About £1.30 per bottle, and I'm on about pint bottles, not little ones.

Meh, beer's better. :tongue:
5 weeks, man. Why is it still 5 weeks left?! :frown:
Original post by RabbitCFH
5 weeks, man. Why is it still 5 weeks left?! :frown:

I'm jealous.
Firstly because I've got 2-3 weeks of summer left. 3 before I move in, but my term officially starts on September 5th lol.
Secondly because I won't be returning to Lancaster. Ever. :frown:
I'm jealous.
Firstly because I've got 2-3 weeks of summer left. 3 before I move in, but my term officially starts on September 5th lol.
Secondly because I won't be returning to Lancaster. Ever. :frown:

:frown: You can always get a second masters degree, or a PhD at Lancaster. :biggrin:
Original post by Naathan_b
When we're picking out Part 1 courses we do stick specifically to our subject don't we? i still have to pick 7 more on top of the 8 I already have (maths modules) but there doesn't seem to much more to choose from in terms of first year modules.

Ooh are you doing maths at Lancaster?? What course? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending